The coins of the Proof Gold Eagle Series have been available from the US Mint since 1986. Though the Proof Gold Eagles were introduced in waves between 1986 and 1988, all four weights celebrated the 35th anniversary in 2021 in the exact same way. All of the coins in the collection came with a new design on the reverse field starting in mid-2021 with the debut of the 2021 Type 2 Gold Eagles. Right now, near-perfect 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you in protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- 35th-anniversary coin in the Proof American Eagle Series!
- Brand-new bald eagle image on the reverse!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM specimen.
- The obverse features an effigy of Liberty.
- On the reverse side is a new depiction of the American bald eagle.
- Comes with a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Each 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coin in this product listing is a near-perfect specimen according to the PCGS. Coins in PR69 condition exhibit full, original mint luster and come with no more than two minor detractions. Examples of acceptable flaws include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines that must be located outside of the primary focal points of the coin. As DCAM coins, each one of these comes with strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear fields.
The release of Gold American Eagle Type 2 coins in 2021 marked a handoff from the original design by Miley Busiek to the new design from Jennie Norris. Each of these designs featured on 2021-dated coins, with Ms. Busiek’s design issued from January to June and Ms. Norris’ design released on coins from July through the end of the year.
The obverse side of 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle Type 2 Coins comes with an effigy of Liberty. This front-facing relief shows Liberty with a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left hand. The U.S. Capitol Building is featured at the bottom of the design background with sun rays on the horizon and a ring of 50 stars around the design element.
On the reverse field of the 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins is a depiction of the American bald eagle. The design from Jennie Norris shows the head of the bald eagle in left-profile relief with beautiful visuals for the details of the bird.
If you have any questions, Silver.com is here to help. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.