The 2021 release of Proof Gold Eagles from the United States Mint includes a Type 2 option with the debut of the new reverse image. In late 2019, the US Mint announced plans to add new anti-counterfeiting features to the American Eagles and refresh the reverse designs. After a long process to determine the new design, mid-2021 marks the start of a new era. Today, 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you plastic capsules and presentation boxes with an included Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th anniversary in the Proof Gold Eagle Series!
- First release of the Type 2 design on the reverse!
- Mintage limited to 10,000 coins only!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is a portrait of Liberty.
- The reverse depicts a bald eagle head.
- Reeded edge variation for anti-counterfeiting.
- Enhanced sun rays, torch, Capitol building, and stars on the obverse.
- Bears a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Following the announcement of a new reverse design for the Gold Eagle, the United States Mint turned to its Artistic Infusion Program artists to help develop a new design of the bald eagle. A total of more than 30 designs were submitted for consideration. The winning submission came from Jennie Norris, her first major design for the US Mint.
All of these 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagles come with plastic capsules and a black presentation box. The box arrives with a themed shipping sleeve that includes the new reverse design on the lid of the shipping sleeve. All coins come with a Certificate of Authenticity that has the obverse design found on the front.
On the obverse of 2021 Proof Gold American Eagles is a depiction of Liberty. This historic design was created for the US Mint in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens at the request of President Theodore Roosevelt. Liberty is depicted walking forward with a torch in one hand, an olive branch in the other, the U.S. Capitol Building at her feet, and a ring of 50 stars around the design element.
The reverse side of 2021-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagles features the new Type 2 reverse image of the bald eagle. Designed by Jennie Norris, this image shows the bald eagle in left-profile relief with its piercing gaze staring right through the viewer.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.