The US Mint has created a new reverse design on the 2021 Gold American Eagle coin after more than three decades with the previous design. Before it does, the original design features one last time. The obverse continues to feature the full-length figure of a walking Lady Liberty, the creation of Augustus Saint-Gaudens. Right now, the 2021-W 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coin is ready for purchase from Silver.com with a perfect certification.
- Shipped in a protective plastic slab from NGC!
- Last issue of the original design of the 1/2 oz Proof American Gold Eagle coin series!
- Limited quantities of these certified perfect coins!
- Consists of One Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Has a face value of $10 (USD) fully backed by the government of the United States.
- The obverse features a Walking Lady Liberty.
- The reverse features the original bald eagle design.
- Assigned a Grade of PF70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Has the UCAM designation.
- Includes the Early Release label.
- Includes “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Congress began petitioning for the return of the American Gold Eagle in 1981. When Ronald Reagan signed the Gold Bullion Coin Act into law in 1985, this cleared the way for the mint production of this coin to begin again, which it did in 1986.
The obverse of the 2021 Proof Gold American Eagle coin features the walking Lady Liberty. This design, created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, features a full-length figure of Lady Liberty walking towards you, her hair flowing, an extended right hand grasping a torch, and her left hand holding an olive branch.
The reverse of the 2021 Proof Gold American Eagle coin features the original image of a family of bald eagles. In this design, a male eagle soars over the nest as a female guards of a hatchling within the nest.
These 2021 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins were assigned the PF70 certification from the NGC. PF70 certification identifies a coin as having no post-production imperfections at 5 times magnification, therefore, a perfect coin.
These 2021 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins also received the UCAM designation, which means the coins have been struck with specially polished dies that provide the coins a deeply-mirrored finish with clear background fields. In addition, the coins received the Early Release label. In earning the ER label, this means the coins were received by the NGC, or an NGC-approved depository, within the first 30 days of the coin’s release. The coins also bear the “W” mint mark.
Have questions? The Silver.com Customer Service team is ready to assist you. We can be reached via phone at 888-989-7223, via our online live chat, or via our email address.