The Proof Gold Eagles from the United States Mint come in four weights. Though there are four weights available, the demand for these coins varies depending upon the weight and the price of gold per ounce. Traditionally, the 1 oz and 1/10 oz gold coins have been the most popular. Conversely, the 1/2 oz and 1/4 oz coins have had the lowest demand each year. Right now, 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagles in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of an NGC protective plastic slab!
- 35th-anniversary year of availability for Proof Gold American Eagles!
- Final use of the Miley Busiek bald eagle design on the reverse!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM label.
- The obverse features Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse is a family of bald eagles.
- Features “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
Each 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle listed here is in perfect condition. A coin with a PF70 certification exhibits full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind present. The included UCAM label stands for ultra-cameo and refers to the presence of strong, frosted design elements above deeply-mirrored, clear fields.
The 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagle was one of the two final issues introduced in the Proof Gold American Eagle Series. While the BU Gold Eagles debuted with all four weights in the first year of availability, the Proof Gold Eagles debuted in 1986 with only a 1 oz gold coin. 1987 saw the release of the 1/2 oz gold coin for the first time. 1988 brought the introduction of these 1/4 oz gold coins alongside the 1/10 oz gold coins.
The obverse side of 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagles comes with a historic depiction of Lady Liberty from 1907. This image from Augustus Saint-Gaudens shows Liberty in front-facing relief with rays of sunshine framing her figure from the background and a ring of 50 stars encircling her effigy.
On the reverse field of the 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagles is a family of bald eagles. This design was created exclusively for this series in 1986 by Miley Busiek and makes its final appearance in the series. By mid-2021, a new image of the American bald eagle will be released on the face of the coins.
If you have any questions, Silver.com is happy to help. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.