The 2021 Proof Gold Eagle release is the most significant in the series in more than a decade. With the release of the 35th-anniversary coin, the Proof Gold Eagle not only has an anniversary date mark to offer collectors, but also has a new design element. The Type 2 release in 2021 marks the debut of the new bald eagle reverse image. Now, 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you in protective capsules with a presentation box and a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th anniversary in the Proof Gold American Eagle Series!
- Stunning new Type 2 eagle design on the reverse!
- Mintage limited to 3,375 coins only!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Issued a face value of $10 (USD) by the United States.
- The obverse features Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse is the new visual of a bald eagle.
- Anti-counterfeiting reeded edge variation.
- Enhanced visual elements on the obverse bring the design closer to the original 1907 design.
- Comes with a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
The release of 2021 Proof Gold Eagle Type 2 coins marks the start of a new era for the coveted Gold Eagle program. After initially released the BU and Proof Gold Eagles in 2021 with the Type 1 design elements that have been on the coins since 1986, the US Mint has transitioned its coining presses to the new Type 2 design.
Jennie Norris’s image of an American bald eagle’s head was chosen from a group of more than 30 individual designs to represent the series. Ms. Norris is a member of the United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program and this is her first major contribution to American coining.
The obverse of 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagles features Lady Liberty. This front-facing effigy shows Liberty as she strides forward with a torch held overhead in her right hand and an olive branch clutched in her right hand. The U.S. Capitol Building, the torch, the stars, and the sun rays on this field of the coin are just some of the elements the US Mint has enhanced with the Type 2 release to bring the modern design closer to Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ original 1907 design.
On the reverse of the 2021-W Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2 Coins is a depiction of the bald eagle. This vision of the bald eagle’s head captures the aerial predator in left-profile relief as its sharp gaze is fixed on a distant object.
These 2021-W 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Type 2s are packaged in protective capsules with a black presentation box. The included Certificate of Authenticity has a depiction of Liberty reflective of the obverse design. The outer shipping sleeve around the black presentation box offers an artistic depiction of the new bald eagle design on the reverse of the coins.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223. We are also available online through our live chat and email address features.