The 2021 Burnished Silver Eagle is the final version of the Silver American Eagle bullion coins to debut with the new bald eagle reverse. After the US Mint issued Type 1 versions of the BU and Proof coins from January to June 2021, the transition to the new designs started in July 2021. The BU and Proof coins were the first ones issued with the new Type 2 design, with the Burnished Silver Eagle available starting Fall 2021 for collectors. Now, 2021-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins in perfect condition with unique labels from the NGC are available to you for purchase online from Silver.com.
- Coin ships to you inside a protective plastic slab from the NGC!
- 35th-anniversary coin in the Silver American Eagle Series!
- 14th available Burnished Silver Eagle!
- Michael Gaudioso-signed labels!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the new bald eagle design.
- Reeded edge variation offers a new anti-counterfeiting feature to Silver Eagles!
- Comes with a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
From 1986 when the Silver Eagle Series debuted until 2021 and the release of Type 1 Silver Eagles, the reverse field of the coins featured the heraldic eagle design. Modified for this series by John Mercanti, the heraldic eagle has now been retired by the US Mint and will no longer feature on the coins.
In its place, a new design of the American bald eagle from Emily Damstra features on the coins. Ms. Damstra is a member of the US Mint Artistic Infusion Program who has extensive experience working with both the United States Mint and the Royal Canadian Mint, just to name a few.
The obverse of 2021-W 1 oz Burnished Silver Eagle Type 2 Coins includes the historic Walking Liberty design. First featured on the US half dollar from 1916 to 1947, this design shows Liberty in left-profile relief draped in the American flag as she walks toward the sun on the horizon.
On the reverse side of the 2021-W Burnished Silver Eagle Type 2 Coin is Emily Damstra’s new design of the American bald eagle. In this design, the eagle swoops into view with raised wings and an oak branch in its talons.
These 2021-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins are perfect specimens. Coins with a Mint State 70 grade showcase full, original mint luster and come with no detractions. An Early Release coin is one received for grading within 30 days of release from the mint. Additionally, these coins have a special signature from Michael Gaudioso, the US Mint Engraver who engraved the new bald eagle design for production of 2021 Silver Eagles.
Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223. We are also available to you online using our live chat and email address features.