Silver Eagles from the United States Mint are available annually in three versions. The 1986 debut of the collection came with BU and Proof coins. In 2006, the Burnished Silver Eagle debuted as an alternative collectible piece. While the BU and Proof coins were issued in two versions in 2021, the Burnished Silver Eagle comes with only the new reverse design in 2021. Right now, 2021-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins in near-perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th-anniversary release of Silver American Eagles!
- 14th date for the Burnished Silver American Eagle!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike label.
- The obverse features Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the new bald eagle design.
- Reeded edge variation offers anti-counterfeiting security.
- Includes a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Each 2021-W 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coin available here at Silver.com comes in near-perfect condition. Coins with a Mint State 69 certification exhibit full, original mint luster and come with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Acceptable flaws at this grade level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines, and these flaws must be located outside the primary focal points of the coin. The First Strike label means the coins listed here were received for grading within 30 days of release from the mint.
Burnished Silver Eagles are available from the US Mint with beautiful, distinctive visuals. The blanks used to make these coins are first polished in drums and handled by gloved hands to ensure the matte visuals of the coin remain intact throughout the coining process.
The obverse of 2021-W Burnished Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins features a depiction of Walking Liberty. This effigy of Liberty was created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman, featured on the half dollar until 1948, and has been on the Silver Eagle since 1986.
On the reverse side of 2021-W 1 oz Burnished Silver Eagle Type 2 Coins is the new bald eagle design from Emily Damstra. It depicts a bald eagle flying down into view with its wings flexed behind its frame and its talons clutching an oak branch.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.