Proof Platinum Eagles are the only annual bullion coins from the United States Mint with new designs. Between 1997 and 2017, the United States Mint used a Statue of Liberty design on the obverse each year with a new reverse design. Starting in 2018, the obverse now features new designs while the reverse has the same image of the American bald eagle each year. Right now, 2021-W 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you in a protective plastic slab from the NGC!
- 25th year of release in the Proof Platinum American Eagle Series!
- Original mintage limited to 15,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- Bears a face value of $100 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release specimen.
- The Liberty tree begins to grow, secured by the Freedom of Religion, on the obverse.
- An American bald eagle is found on the reverse.
- Comes with a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Each of the 2021-W 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles listed here comes in perfect condition. The NGC has issued the coins a PF70 grade because each one exhibits full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind present. These coins are also Early Release specimens, as noted by the ER label, and were received by the NGC for grading within the first 30 days of release from the mint.
The Proof Platinum Eagles launch a new series with the 2021 release. This first design celebrates the Freedom of Religion that is enshrined in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. The First Amendment was adopted in December 1791 as one of the Ten Amendments that make up the Bill of Rights.
In the obverse design of the 2021-W 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagle is a vision of the Liberty tree. Nurtured by the First Amendments, including the Freedom of Religion, the Liberty tree is springing from a small acorn that has fallen to the ground. The small sapling is emerging from the acorn and prepares to mature.
For the reverse face of 2021-W Proof Platinum American Eagles, the US Mint offers the design of the American bald eagle. The bald eagle shown here was created by Patricia Lucas-Morris and shows an eagle swooping down into view with an olive branch in its talons as its wings sweep around its figure.
If you have any questions about these certified Platinum Eagles, please feel free to ask. JM Bullion customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and via our email address.