After 35 years, the United States Mint is giving the highly coveted collectible bullion coin – the Silver Eagle – a makeover of the reverse design. Thus, this 2021 “Type 1” release is the final edition of the Proof Silver American Eagle Coin in its original reverse design! This is your chance to add this highly coveted American Silver Eagle coin, with the original design, minted at the West Point Mint, to your collection. Today, the 2021-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle coins are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you in an NGC protective plastic slab!
- 35th – and final – coin in the 1 oz Proof American Silver Eagle original design series!
- Limited availability of certified near-perfect coins!
- Contains One Troy ounce of .999 pure silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) fully backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF69 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM designation.
- The obverse features Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features the heraldic eagle.
- Includes a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
The obverse of the 2021 Proof Silver American Eagle Type 1 coin features Walking Liberty. This design was originally created by Adolph A. Weinman in 1916 and features a full length figure of Liberty walking, draped in the US flag, extending her right hand to the sun, and holding branches of laurel and oak in her left hand.
The reverse side of the 2021 Proof Silver American Eagle Type 1 coin features the heraldic eagle with wings spread, an olive branch in the right talon, and a bundle of arrows in the left. Over the eagle’s head, the design includes a triangular cluster of 13 stars, representing the 13 original American colonies. This reverse design was the creation of John Mercanti, completed in 1986, for the release of this series.
These 2021 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 1 coins come with a PF69 certification from the NGC. This means that they have full, original mint luster with no more than two minor imperfections.
The UCAM designation given the 2021 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 1 coins refers to ultra-cameo and means the coins have been struck with specially polished dies that give the coins a deeply-mirrored finish with clear background fields. Each coin bears the “W” mint mark, indicating its striking at the West Point Mint.
If you have any questions, the Silver.com Customer Service team is ready to assist you. We can be reached via phone at 888-989-7223, via our online live chat, or via our email address.