The release of the new, refreshed reverse design on Silver American Eagles marks the start of a new generation. Since 1986, the Silver Eagles have been struck by the US Mint with the Adolph A. Weinman design of Liberty on the obverse and John Mercanti’s heraldic eagle on the reverse. This included the early 2021 strikes known as Type 1 coins. Now, however, the new design is available and a new era begins in the series. Right now, 2021 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Ships to you in an individual PCGS protective slab!
- 35th anniversary for the Proof Silver Eagle Series!
- Debut of the new bald eagle reverse from Emily Damstra!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM coin.
- First Day of Issue label.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the new bald eagle in flight.
- Features a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Each of the 2021 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles offered here at Silver.com comes with a near-perfect grade from the PCGS. Coins in PR69 condition exhibit full, original mint luster and bear no more than two minor detractions. Those flaws are limited in nature to minuscule contact marks or hairlines and limited in scope to the areas outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
Also included with these coins are deep-cameo and First Day of Issue designations. The DCAM designation is for proof coins only and points to the contrast between the strong, frosted designs and the deeply-mirrored, clear fields. The FDOI designation points to a coin that was received for grading by the PCGS within 24 hours of its release by the US Mint.
The obverse of 2021 Proof Silver American Eagles features Walking Liberty. First used on the US half dollar from 1916 to 1947, and now used on the Silver Eagle as of 1986, it was originally created by Adolph A. Weinman. The design has been enhanced with the Type 2 release to include Weinman’s original “AW” signature mark.
On the reverse side of 2021 1 oz Proof Silver Eagles is an image of the bald eagle in flight. The design comes from Emily Damstra, a member of the US Mint Artistic Infusion Program. Her image depicts the bald eagle soaring through the air with its wings flexed as it uses its talons to clutch a large oak branch. A reeded edge variation on the Type 2 coins offers a new anti-counterfeiting feature for the series.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and using our email address.