The release of the Proof Silver Eagle Type 2 coin design in 2021 charts a new path forward for the vaunted silver bullion series from the United States Mint. With a new reverse depiction of the bald eagle now available on the coins, the 2021 Proof Silver Eagle Type 2 Coin is the first in the history of the series with a new design element. Today, 2021 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles in perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- 35th anniversary in the Proof Silver American Eagle Series!
- All-new bald eagle design on the reverse!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM specimen.
- First Day of Issue designation.
- On the obverse is Walking Liberty.
- The reverse bears the new bald eagle design.
- Issued a “W” mint mark by the West Point Mint.
The release of the Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coin not only comes with a new design, but also with new features on the obverse and the edge of the coins. The obverse side now includes the original “AW” signature mark of Adolph A. Weinman as found in the 1916 Walking Liberty design. The reeded edge features a new variation element to offer anti-counterfeiting defense for the coins.
All of the 2021 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins listed here come in perfect condition. A coin with a PR70 grade from the PCGS has full, original mint luster and features no detractions of any kind. The DCAM notation indicates a coin with deep-cameo visuals that include strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear fields. The First Day of Issue designation indicates the coins were received for grading by the PCGS within 24 hours of release from the United States Mint.
On the obverse of 2021 Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins is the image of Walking Liberty. First used on the US Half Dollar from 1916 to 1947, the design shows Liberty in left-profile relief as she marches onward toward the sun on the horizon with her right hand outstretched and the American flag draped around her figure.
The reverse of the 2021 Proof Silver American Eagles features the all-new bald eagle design. Created by Emily Damstra and chosen from a field of more than 30 designs, this new image depicts the eagle soaring through the air with an oak branch in its talons.
Please feel free to contact Silver.com with your questions. Our team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and through our email address.