The Proof Silver Eagles from the United States Mint are incredibly popular with collectors around the world. The beautiful designs combined with the frosted strike and mirrored field create a specimen that is a must-have in any collection. Certified versions of the coin are even more highly sought-after pieces. Today, 2021-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles in perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- 35th anniversary for the Proof Silver American Eagles!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Comes with a DCAM designation.
- Issued a First Strike label.
- On the obverse is the image of Walking Liberty.
- The reverse field offers a glimpse of the heraldic eagle of the United States.
- Bears a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
When Proof Silver American Eagles are certified by the PCGS or NGC, the graders are looking at several components of the coin. The design strike and condition of the mint luster are the common starting points. Beyond that, the certifiers will look for any signs of enhanced visual brilliance in the coins, such as exceptional visual contrast between the design element and its background field.
All of these 2021-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles not only earned a perfect grade from the PCGS, but each also earned two additional labels. The PR70 designation is reserved for coins that have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind present on the designs or surface areas. The DCAM designation stands for deep-cameo and refers to the contrast between the strong, frosted design and deeply-mirrored, clear background field. First Strike coins are those that arrived at the PCGS for grading inside the 30-day window following release by the US Mint.
On the obverse of the 2021-W Proof Silver American Eagle is a depiction of Walking Liberty. This iconic design is more than a century old and shows Liberty walking toward the sun on the horizon. The imagery is meant to evoke America’s consistent march toward a brighter future.
The reverse face of 2021-W 1 oz Proof Silver Eagles comes with the heraldic eagle of the United States. The original reverse design in this series, the 2021 date mark is the last that will feature the heraldic eagle as the US Mint is replacing the design with a new bald eagle design during the year. This historic emblem depicts a bald eagle in front-facing relief as it clutches the arrows of war in one talon and the olive branch of peace in the other.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with any questions. Our customer service team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.