The Proof Silver Eagle was one of two versions of the Silver American Eagle in 2021 to go through two releases. To start the 2021 release cycle, the US Mint issued the original design combinations of Walking Liberty and the heraldic eagle for the final time. These Type 1 coins represent the last release of the heraldic eagle on the reverse before mid-2021 when the US Mint released Type 2 versions of the coin, or those with the new reverse design. Now, 2021-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins in certified condition are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you inside PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- 35th anniversary in the Proof Silver Eagle Series!
- Features the heraldic eagle design from John Mercanti!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PF69 or PR69 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse depicts Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the original heraldic eagle design of the series.
- Comes with a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please bear in mind the coin labels and grading houses can match if you buy multiples.
When the US Mint first issued its 2021-dated Silver Eagles, the coins had the original reverse design created in 1986 for the series by John Mercanti. This design element is scheduled for replacement in 2021 as the series marches forward toward a new future. From January to June 2021, the Proof Silver Eagle and BU Silver Eagle were struck with the original designs. No Burnished Silver Eagle was issued at this time.
As of mid-2021, the US Mint has moved forward with the production of the coins featuring the new reverse design. At this time, new Proof Silver Eagles and BU Silver Eagles were issued with the bald eagle design from Emily Damstra. The first Burnished Silver Eagles of the year were also issued at this point.
The obverse of 2021-W 1 oz Proof Silver Eagle Type 1 Coins features Walking Liberty. This iconic design was created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman and features Liberty’s full-length figure in left-profile relief walking toward the sun.
On the reverse of 2021-W Proof Silver Eagle Type 1 Coins is the heraldic eagle. Designed by John Mercanti, it shows the bald eagle in front-facing relief as it supports the US national shield. The eagle clutches the arrows of war and the olive branch of peace in its talons.
These 2021-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 1 Coins are available to you in near-perfect condition. Coins with a PF69 or PR69 grade showcase full, original mint luster and come with no more than two minor flaws. The only allowable flaws or detractions at this grade are minuscule contact marks or hairlines and these must be outside the primary focal fields. Please bear in mind that Silver.com selects all coins at random after your payment clears. We can only select coins from our available inventory at that point. Specific labels and grading houses cannot be promised in advance. If you buy multiples, it is possible to get coins that have matching labels and grading houses.
Silver.com customer service is available to you at 888-989-7223. We are also available to you online through our live chat and email address features.