The release of the Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins in 2021 marks a landmark change in the series. The Type 2 coin represents the first redesign in the history of the series, making the 2021 Type 2 coin a must-have for any collector of Proof Silver Eagles. Today, 2021-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Type 2 Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in a capsule and presentation box with an included Certificate of Authenticity!
- 35th-anniversary release of Proof Silver American Eagles!
- Stunning new Type 2 eagle reverse!
- Mintage limited to 300,000 Type 2 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is a portrait of Walking Liberty.
- The reverse comes with the new soaring bald eagle design.
- New reeded edge has a variation feature for anti-counterfeiting protection.
- Adolph A. Weinman’s “AW” initials now feature as the signature mark on the obverse.
- Bears a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
The 2021 release of the Silver American Eagles has been hotly anticipated by investors and collectors. After the initial period of production for 2021 Silver Eagles started with the original obverse and reverse design combinations, the mid-2021 changeover to the new Type 2 reverse design now brings the first-ever refresh to the images on the coins. Emily Damstra’s new reverse image of the bald eagle replaces the heraldic eagle design that has been in place since 1986.
All 2021-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles are available to you with a protective capsule around the coin and a black presentation housing the coin and capsule. The presentation box is packaged inside an outer shipper with an artistic rendering of the new Type 2 bald eagle design on the cover. Each coin comes with a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
On the obverse side of 2021-W Proof Silver American Eagles is the Walking Liberty depiction. Created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman, it graced the US half dollar until 1947 and has been on the Silver Eagle since 1986. The Type 2 release brings changes to the obverse as well, with Weinman’s original “AW” signature mark now included within the obverse design field. This brings the design closer to Weinman’s original 1916 rendering.
The reverse field of 2021-W 1 oz Proof Silver Eagles bears the all-new bald eagle design. Developed by Emily Damstra, this design shows a bald eagle with its powerful wings swept back and its talons clutching an oak branch. The edge of the coins now have a reeded variation element for enhanced anti-counterfeiting protection.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. You can reach our team on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.