The gold coins for sale in Perth Mint’s Lunar Series III program include a variety of weights in both BU and proof versions of the coin. The BU coins have a limited mintage set for just one weight, the 1 oz gold coin, while all of the proof coins have limited mintage figures. Right now, 2022 1/10 oz Proof Gold Australian Lunar Tigers are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside capsules with an included presentation case, themed shipper, and a Certificate of Authenticity!
- Third design in the Gold Lunar Series III program!
- Mintage limited to 2,500 coins only!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of $15 (AUD) backed by the federal government of Australia.
- The obverse features an image of Queen Elizabeth II.
- On the reverse field of the coin is a tiger.
- Designed by Monique Reeves.
- Issued a P mint mark by Perth Mint.
Each of these 2022 1/10 oz Proof Gold Australian Lunar Tigers come to you with beautiful packaging from Perth Mint. The coins are protected within acrylic capsules, with the coin and capsule set in a protective slot inside of a red-and-gold presentation box from Perth Mint that boasts a magnetic lid. The coin and its box ship together in a themed shipper with Year of the Tiger artwork. All coins in this listing come with a Certificate of Authenticity as well.
The Gold Lunar Series III coins come with three weights available for individual purchase. These 1/10 oz gold coins are the smallest in the series, and are accompanied by 1/4 oz and 1 oz gold coins. The 1/10 oz gold coin has a total mintage of 5,000 coins, but only 2,500 coins are packaged with these capsules, boxes, and a COA. The others will be packaged in a proof set.
The obverse of 2022 Proof Gold Australian Lunar Tigers features an image of Queen Elizabeth II. This portrait is the sixth-generation effigy of Her Majesty to grace Australian coins and was designed in 2015 by Jody Clark. After debuting at the Royal Mint in 2016, the design first came to Australian coins in 2018. It debuted on lunar-themed coins with the Lunar Series III debut in 2020.
On the reverse field of the 2022 1/10 oz Proof Gold Lunar Tigers is a powerful tiger. The largest cat in the world today, the tiger is primarily found on the Indian Subcontinent and Southeast Asia. The tiger is known for its orange fur with black stripes.
If you have questions, Silver.com is here to help. Please call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.