Introduced in 1997, the Platinum Eagle from the United States Mint comes in Brilliant Uncirculated and Proof specimens. The BU coins have had the same, static designs on the obverse and reverse fields each year. The Proof coins feature new design elements on the obverse or reverse, depending on the date. Recently, the obverse has had new images each year. Right now, 2022-W 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagles are available to purchase online from Silver.com.
- Ships to you in plastic capsules and US Mint display boxes with a Certificate of Authenticity included!
- Second design in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution image series!
- 26th issue of Proof Platinum Eagles!
- Mintage limited to 15,000 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- Bears a face value of $100 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- The obverse features a growing oak tree.
- On the reverse side is an American bald eagle.
- Issued a W mint mark by the West Point Mint.
Each 2022-W 1 oz Proof Platinum American Eagle listed here comes with beautiful packaging from the United States Mint. The mint packages the coins inside plastic capsules and offers a display box for delivery. The coin and box ship together in an outer shipper with a Certificate of Authenticity included.
The latest design series within the Proof Platinum Eagle Series celebrates the freedoms enshrined in the United States Constitution. The First Amendment of the Constitution Series debuted in 2021 and this new design in 2022 is the second of the series.
The obverse side of 2022 Proof Platinum American Eagles comes with an image of a blossoming oak tree. From the small acorn that was ready to take root in the 2021 release, the oak is now blossoming. With small branches growing, the design now captures a tree that is mature enough to blossom.
On the reverse face of the 2022-W 1 oz Proof Platinum Eagle is a depiction of the American bald eagle. In this design, the eagle swoops into view from the right side of the coin with its wings coming forward and its talons clutching an olive branch.
Proof Platinum Eagles debuted in 1997 with 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz coins available. In 2008, the US Mint halted the fractional-ounce coins. Today, the series continues only with the 1 oz platinum coin available.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Silver.com customer service can assist you at 888-989-7223, chat with you live online, or respond in writing via email.