Perth Mint’s exciting Lunar Series III program is in its early stages and continues in 2022 with the release of its powerful Year of the Tiger design. With a distinctive design in the silver bullion range from Jennifer McKenna, the Silver Lunar Series III coins are sure to continue the excellent tradition of this collection. Today, 2022 1 oz Silver Australian Lunar Tigers are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside acrylic capsules, rolls of 20 coins, or mint-strapped boxes of 100 coins!
- Third coin in the Silver Lunar Series II collection!
- Mintage limited to 300,000 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine silver in BU condition.
- The face value of $1 (AUD) is fully backed by the Australian government.
- On the obverse is a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse shows a young cub following its proud, protective parent.
- Created by Jennifer McKenna.
- Includes a micro-laser engraved security element on the reverse field.
The Lunar Series III program launched in 2020 and is the first series in the history of the Lunar Series concept to include a platinum bullion coin. The Lunar Series III program continues a tradition started in 1996 with the original collection in using separate depictions of the animals on the silver and gold coins with each release. The platinum coins in the Lunar Series III program share a design with the gold coins.
All of these 2022 1 oz Silver Australian Lunar Tigers are available to purchase both individually and in bulk. Single coins ship in acrylic capsules, while multiples are available in rolls of 20 or boxes of 100 coins. The box from the mint includes five separate rolls of 20 coins. All of the coins in this listing are available in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
On the obverse side of 2022 Silver Australian Lunar Tigers is an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. The Queen of England, Elizabeth II is also the head of the Commonwealth of Nations and is a ceremonial monarch for several of these nations. In particular, she holds the title of Queen of Australia in the Commonwealth of Australia. This right-profile effigy of the Queen was created by Jody Clark in 2015 and is the sixth-generation image of Her Majesty to grace Australian coins.
The reverse field of the 2022 1 oz Silver Lunar Tiger features an image of two tigers. In this design, a proud and protective adult tiger leads its young cub along a rocky outcrop. The design element includes foliage of ferns and bamboo in the background. Recent silver bullion coins in the Lunar Series II and Lunar Series III programs have stuck to a tradition that shows off an adult with its youngster.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions. Our team can assist you at 888-989-7223, chat with you live online, or respond via email.