The silver for sale in the Lunar Series III program comes in a variety of weights across the BU and proof releases. While the BU coins have high mintage figures, or even unlimited mintages, the proof coins have low caps on production. Among the weights available, the 2 oz silver coin is one of the three options available in both BU and proof. Right now, 2022 2 oz Silver Australian Lunar Tiger Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you in acrylic capsules or mint-sealed boxes of 100 coins!
- Third year of release for the Silver Lunar Series III coins!
- Unlimited mintage into 2022!
- Consists of Two Troy ounces of .9999 fine silver in BU condition.
- Bears a face value of $2 (AUD) backed by the federal government of Australia.
- The obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- On the reverse side of the coin is the image of a tiger family.
- Reverse includes a micro-engraved security feature.
- Created by Jennifer McKenna.
Each 2022 2 oz Silver Australian Lunar Tiger in this listing comes to you individually or in bulk. Single coins will ship in protective capsules, while multiples of 100 are available in boxes. All of the coins are available to you in Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
The 2022 Year of the Tiger release from Perth Mint comes with a variety of silver options. In the BU collection, Perth Mint offers a total of six coins for investors. These weights include this 2 oz silver coin, as well as 1/2 oz and 1 oz coins below its weight and 5 oz, 1 Kilo, and 10 Kilo coins above this weight.
The obverse side of 2022 Silver Australian Lunar Tigers features an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. Her Majesty is shown here in right-profile relief in a 2015 design from Jody Clark. This design initially served as the fifth-generation portrait of the Queen for Royal Mint coins. In 2018, it came to Perth Mint coins. In 2020, the launch of Lunar Series III brought this design to Perth’s range of lunar coins.
On the reverse of 2022 2 oz Silver Lunar Tigers is a depiction of a family of tigers. The Year of the Tiger design used on silver coins in 2022 includes two tigers walking through the jungle along rocky terrain. The confident, aware adult tiger is leading the duo along while the playful cub follows its parent.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Silver.com customer service is available to assist you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.