Proof Gold Eagles from the United States Mint have been available since 1986. The production of Proof Gold Eagles has different slightly from that of the BU versions of the coin, however, both BU and Proof coins in the series come in 1 oz gold and three fractional-ounce weights. Among the most popular versions of both coins are certified coins graded by the NGC or PCGS. Today, 2022-W 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagles are available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside NGC protective plastic slabs!
- 36th year of release in the Proof Gold American Eagle Series!
- Mintages are limited in the Proof Gold Eagle Series!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM specimens.
- Early Release designations.
- On the obverse of the coin is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse features an image of the American bald eagle.
- Bears a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
In the Gold American Eagle Series, the US Mint offers the coins in 1 oz gold, 1/2 oz gold, 1/4 oz gold, and 1/10 oz gold. This is true of the Brilliant Uncirculated coins in the series, as well as the Proof coins in the collection. In 1986, the Proof Gold Eagles debuted with only the 1 oz gold coin available. The series first expanded in 1987 with the release of a 1/2 oz Proof Gold Eagle.
All of the 2022-W 1/2 oz Proof Gold American Eagles in this product listing at Silver.com are perfect specimens. Coins in this condition have full, original mint luster and bear no detracting flaws of any kind. UCAM stands for ultra cameo and refers to the beautiful proof visuals that consist of strong, frosted designs overlaying deeply-mirrored, clear fields. The ER designation stands for Early Release and indicates these coins were received for grading within 30 days of release from the US Mint.
On the obverse of 2022 Proof Gold American Eagles is the historic Lady Liberty effigy developed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. This 1907 design shows Liberty in front-facing relief with a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left hand.
The reverse side of the 2022-W 1/2 oz Proof Gold Eagle is an image of the American bald eagle. This depiction of the American bald eagle in left-profile relief with incredible layers of detail in the design of the bald eagle.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. Our team is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.