In 2021, the Silver American Eagles took off in a new direction. As the US Mint celebrated the 35th anniversary of the series, it released a new reverse design at the halfway point of the year. This new design now takes over on the reverse of the coins as the only visual to feature on all three versions of the coin. Designed by Emily Damstra, this design offers a bold new take on the power and majesty of the eagle. Right now, 2022-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside protective plastic slabs courtesy of the NGC!
- Designated Advanced Release coins by the NGC as part of the earliest batch released in 2022!
- 36th year of release in the Proof Silver American Eagle Series!
- Initial availability limited to 30,000 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM specimens.
- The obverse features Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is an American bald eagle in flight.
- Comes with a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Each 2022-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle in this listing is a perfect coin. These coins have PF70 certifications, indicating a specimen that exhibits full, original mint luster with no detractions present. UCAM coins are ultra-cameo proofs with strong, frosted design elements and deeply-mirrored clear fields. Advanced Release labels are unique from the NGC. These coins are labeled Advanced Release because these are part of the first 30,000 coins the US Mint issued in 2022.
The obverse of 2022-W Proof Silver American Eagles comes with a depiction of Walking Liberty. This design from Adolph A. Weinman was created in 1916 for the US half dollar. It features a left-profile relief Liberty walking toward the sun as it rises above a mountain in the distance. Liberty is draped in the American flag as she reaches out her right hand toward the horizon and carries branches of oak and laurel in her left.
On the reverse of the 2022-W 1 oz Proof Silver Eagle is an image of the American bald eagle in flight. This design from Emily Damstra shows the bird in slight left-profile relief. As it descends into view, the eagle clutches an oak branch in its talons and raises its wings to slow its descent.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.