Silver Panda coins were introduced by the Chinese Mint in 1983 as a proof coin. From 1983 to 1985, the coin was issued with varying weights and a silver purity that was less than .999 fine silver content. After no coins were issued in 1986, stability began to come to the program when it returned in 1987. Today, 30 Gram Silver Chinese Pandas are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS or NGC!
- Date marks for 30 Gram coins include 2016 to present!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of 30 Grams, or .9645 Troy ounces, of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of 10 (Yuan) is fully backed by the Chinese government.
- Graded Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Varying images of the Giant Panda are on the obverse.
- Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests on the reverse.
- Please keep in mind that you may receive matching dates, designs, and labels when you purchase more than one coin.
The Silver Panda coin reintroduced in 1987 was the first to feature a standardized 1 Troy oz weight, but the coin had .925 (sterling silver) metal content. It wasn’t until 1989 that the Silver Panda was established at 1 Troy oz of .999 fine silver for annual release. That continued through 2015, with the coins in the silver and gold versions of the Chinese Panda bullion program switching to Grams instead of the Troy ounces. The 1 Troy oz silver coin became the 30 Gram silver coin.
All of the 30 Gram Silver Chinese Pandas in this product listing are available to you with a Mint State 69 certification. Coins in MS69 condition have full, original mint luster with no more than two minor detracting flaws present. Those flaws must be outside of the primary focal points of the coin and consist of only minuscule contact marks or hairlines.
This random-year listing comes with the potential for various additional labels present in the slab, such as First Strike or Early Release. The date mark, design, additional labels, and specific grading house are all chosen at random by our vault team based on availability when your payment is processed. We cannot hand-pick for specific items and you may receive matching dates, designs, and labels if you purchase more than one coin.
You will find varying images of the Giant Panda on the obverse of the 30 Gram Silver Chinese Pandas in this product listing. The Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests has featured on the reverse of the Silver Pandas dating all the way back to the 1983 introduction of the series.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with questions about buying silver. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.