The Silver Chinese Panda coins are available annually from the Chinese Mint in one primary weight: 1 oz or 30 Gram silver. From 1989 to 2015, the Silver Panda was offered as a 1 Troy ounce coin, but since 2016 has been available as a 30 Gram Silver Chinese Panda. Now, 30 Gram Silver Chinese Pandas are available in perfect condition for you to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Coin ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS or NGC!
- Available as a 30 Gram coin as of 2016!
- Random dates and labels available!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of 30 Grams, or .9645 Troy ounces, of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of 10 (Yuan) by the People’s Republic of China.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse of the coin depicts the Giant Panda species.
- On the reverse is the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- Please keep in mind you could receive matching dates and designs when buying multiples.
The Chinese Mint has an up-and-down history with the production of the Silver Chinese Pandas. In 1983, 1984, and 1985, the coin was available as a 27 Gram proof specimen with .900 silver content. No Silver Chinese Panda was issued in 1986. In 1987, the coin was issued as a 1 Troy oz specimen, but with sterling silver content, or .925.
It wasn’t until 1989 that the Chinese Mint had standardized its Silver Pandas for annual release. The coin settled in at 1 Troy oz of .999 fine silver with a 40 MM diameter. It continued that way until 2015. In 2016, the Chinese Mint switched all of its Chinese Panda bullion coins from Troy ounces to Grams.
The obverse face of 30 Gram Silver Chinese Pandas always features the Giant Panda species, but the massive bears are depicted in a new design for each release. The coins sometimes feature just one bear or can feature an adult and its young cub. The designs in the 30 Gram version of the series have never been repeated, so you’ll find new images for each date mark since 2016.
On the reverse side of 30 Gram Silver Pandas is the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. The exterior facade of the building is depicted on this side of the coins every year dating back to the debut of the series. The date mark is featured on this side along with the nation of issue.
These 30 Gram Silver Chinese Pandas are available to you in Mint State 70 condition. Coins in this condition showcase full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws of any kind. This grade has been assigned by either the PCGS or NGC. We cannot guarantee which grading house certified the coin you receive. It is possible you will receive coins with additional labels as well, such as First Strike or Early Release.
All coins in this listing are chosen at random with random years available. This means we do not guarantee the date mark and associated design on the coin you receive. If you buy multiple coins, please be aware you might receive several with the same date mark and design.
Silver.com customer service is available to you at 888-989-7223. You can also chat with us live online or email us directly.