Silver Chinese Panda Coins from the Chinese Mint have a distinctive history that few other coins boast. Introduced in 1983, the coins were not issued as a regular silver bullion coins each year until 1989. In 2016, the program underwent another change with the shift from Troy ounces to Grams for measurements of weight. Now, 30 Gram Silver Chinese Panda Coins are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Coins ship to you inside of the PCGS’ protective plastic slabs!
- Issued in this weight from 2016 onward!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of 30 Grams, or .9645 Troy ounces, of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of 10 (Yuan) by the People’s Republic of China.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- On the obverse side of the coins are varying designs of the Giant Panda.
- The reverse features the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- Please be aware that your purchase of multiple coins may result in receiving multiples of the same date mark and design.
The Silver Chinese Panda coin was first issued in 1983, however the early coins in this collection weighed less than one Troy ounce and were proof specimens. At that time, the coins also had just .900 fine silver content. By 1987, the coins had normalized with one Troy ounce of .999 fine silver content and were available annually in every year after 1989.
In 2016, the Chinese Mint made a change in the unit of measurement for weight marked on the coins. All Silver Chinese Panda coins are available as of 2016 with weights in Grams instead, with the 1 oz silver coin now a 30 Gram specimen.
On the obverse of 30 Gram Silver Chinese Panda Coins is the Giant Panda species. The image of the Giant Panda is altered each year to offer collectors and investors something unique. The Giant Panda is a native bear species from the central highlands of the People’s Republic of China.
The reverse of all Silver Chinese Panda Coins includes the Temple of Heaven’s Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. This is the largest building the religious complex and has been on the reverse each year since 1983.
These 30 Gram Silver Chinese Panda Coins are available to you in perfect condition from the PCGS. Mint State 70 coins have full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws visible on the surface areas or design elements of the coin.
We encourage Silver.com customers to call us at 888-989-7223 with questions. You can also reach out to us online using our live chat and email address.