The United States Mint introduced the Burnished Gold Eagles in 2006. When the series debuted in 2006, the coins were available in the 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold options available in the bullion and proof series. After a two-year hiatus in 2009-2010, the series returned with only a 1 oz gold coin option. Right now, 4-Coin Burnished Gold American Eagle Sets are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Ships to you inside of a US Mint presentation box with an included Certificate of Authenticity!
- Includes all four weights in the Burnished Gold American Eagle Series!
- Date marks include 2006 to 2008!
- Availability of four-coin sets is limited!
- Consists of actual gold content per coin.
- Bears face values in US Dollars.
- On the obverse of the coin is a vision of Lady Liberty.
- The reverse face of the coin depicts American bald eagles.
- Includes “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
- Please remember you can get several coins with the same date marks.
Each of the 4-Coin Burnished Gold American Eagle Sets are available to you today with a presentation box from the United States Mint and a Certificate of Authenticity. Included in the set are the four weights originally offered in the burnished series and the other two versions of the coin. Random dates are available with this listing with the US Mint only producing these sets in 2006, 2007, and 2008.
All Gold American Eagles feature 22-karat gold by weight. This means the coins have 91.67% gold content, 5.33% copper, and 3% silver to create a more durable gold bullion product. The coins of the Burnished Gold Eagle collection have a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint that is engraved on the obverse of the coins.
On the obverse of each coin in the Burnished Gold American Eagles is the image of Lady Liberty. Created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens, the design captures Liberty in front-facing relief as she walks away from Washington D.C. You can see the US Capitol Building at her feet in the background, rays of sunshine framing her figure, and a ring of 50 stars around the outer edge.
The reverse side of the Burnished Gold American Eagles in this four-coin set includes a family of American bald eagles. Designed by Miley Busiek, it depicts a male eagle in flight over the nest as a female guards over a hatchling in the nest.
If you have any questions, Silver.com customer service is happy to help out. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.