The Silver Morgan Dollars from the United States Mint were issued from 1878 to 1904 and again for one year in 1921. The release of the Silver Morgan Dollar ended a five-year hiatus in silver dollar coining in the United States and served as the replacement for the long-running Seated Liberty design. Now, Silver Morgan Dollar 5-Coin Sets are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com with a PCGS certification.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Coins ship to you in protective plastic slabs from the NGC!
- Features five coins in all!
- Includes date marks from 1878 to 1904!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of .7734 Troy ounces of actual silver content per coin.
- Issued individual face values of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears Grades of Mint State 63 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse side of the coin depicts Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse face is the heraldic eagle of the United States.
- Please bear in mind that the coins you receive will not have any matching date marks.
In 1873, the Coinage Act of 1873 was passed by Congress and brought an end to the free coining of silver in the United States. Prior to its passage, Americans could deliver silver to the US Mint and get it back in the form of silver coins with a legal tender face value. The passage of the Coinage Act of 1873 upset the silver mining industry and its supporters.
The coinage act resulted in the end of the existing silver dollar coin design, the Seated Liberty design. After five years with no fresh silver dollars struck, the US Mint was able to resume coining silver dollars after the passage of the Bland-Allison Act in 1878. The Treasury was required to purchase silver at market values for the US Mint to strike as silver dollars. This act was passed, in part, to pacify the silver industry and support silver prices.
The obverse side of Silver Morgan Dollars in this 5-Coin set features a bust of Liberty. The left-profile portrait of Liberty comes with inscriptions of the date mark and a field with 13 stars around the bust.
On the reverse field of the coins in the Silver Morgan Dollar 5-Coin Set is a unique version of the heraldic eagle. Created for this series by George T. Morgan, the design shows the bald eagle in front-facing relief with the arrows of war and the olive branch of peace in its talons.
These Silver Morgan Dollar 5-Coin Sets come with five coins individually packaged in protective plastic slabs with Mint State 63 grades. The coins showcase slightly impaired mint luster, small contact marks, scattered heavy marks, and small hairlines visible without magnification. Please bear in mind that Silver.com offers you this five-coin set with different date marks for each coin so there are no matches.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223. We are also available online using our live chat and email address features.