Silver Morgan Dollars from the United States Mint were produced in 28 different years across the 19th and 20th centuries. Most of the coins were released in a 27-year run from 1878 to 1904. These coins remain a popular collectible piece with modern silver buyers. Today, Silver Morgan Dollar 5-Coin Sets with NGC certifications are available to you online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Available to ship to you inside protective plastic slabs from the NGC!
- Offers five separate Silver Morgan Dollars!
- Comes with dates from 1878 to 1904!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of .7734 Troy ounce of actual silver content per coin.
- The individual face values of $1 (USD) are fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 65 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is a portrait of Lady Liberty.
- The reverse field comes with a depiction of the heraldic eagle.
- Please keep in mind that these sets come with five different date marks with no matches.
The Silver Morgan Dollar was introduced in 1878 after the passage of the Bland-Allison Act. This act established a routine for the US Treasury to make silver purchases at market values to both support the silver industry and the coining of silver dollars. The Morgan Dollar’s debut came after a five-year hiatus in silver dollar coining in the US and replaced the Seated Liberty design.
All of these Silver Morgan Dollar 5-Coin Sets are available to you with protective plastic slabs for each coin and Mint State 65 grades. These coins have an attractive, high-quality mint luster with only scattered contact marks and one or two small hairline patches. None of the detractions on the coin are found within the primary focal field of the coin. Silver.com offers this set with dates only between 1878 and 1904, with no matching dates in the set you receive.
On the obverse of the Silver Morgan Dollars in your 5-Coin Set is a depiction of Lady Liberty. Designed in 1878, this visual depicts Liberty in left-profile relief with the coronet crown in her hair and a laurel wreath on her head. The Phrygian cap on her head holds most of her hair up while some curls dangle down the back of her head. There are 13 stars in the design field with a date mark at the bottom.
The reverse side of the coins in the Silver Morgan Dollar 5-Coin Set comes with an image of the heraldic eagle of the United States. The eagle is in front-facing relief as it clutches the arrows of war and the olive branch of peace within its talons.
Please feel free to contact Silver.com with any questions. Our team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.