Introduced in 1878, the Silver Morgan Dollar has become one of the most sought-after American silver dollars among collectors in the 20th and 21st centuries. The coins were not much-loved in the 19th century following the initial release in 1878, but were nonetheless struck in the millions to satisfy the need for silver dollars in circulation. Right now, Silver Morgan Dollars with a certification are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- Features date marks between 1878 and 1904!
- Limited availability for certified silver dollars!
- Consists of .7734 Troy ounces of actual silver content.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 63 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse features a version of the heraldic eagle.
- Please keep in mind that you could receive coins from the same grading house when buying more than one coin.
Each Silver Morgan Dollar in this product listing is available to you with a certification from either the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation. Coins in Mint State 63 condition have mint luster that is slightly impaired. There are numerous small contact marks and other scattered heavy marks visible on the coins. You may also notice small hairlines visible without the aid of magnification.
In this listing, the coins are available as a varied option. We select all coins at random once your payment has cleared. We guarantee that each coin is a Silver Morgan Dollar with an MS63 certification. However, the date mark varies, as does the certification house that issued the MS63 grade.
On the obverse side of Silver Morgan Dollars is a left-profile portrait of Lady Liberty. George T. Morgan created this effigy of Liberty in 1878 for the re-issue of American silver dollars after a five-year hiatus in availability. The bust of Liberty includes loosely-curled hair at the back of her head, a cap on her head, and a coronet with the word “Liberty” inscribed on its surface. There are also 13 stars on this field of the coin and a date mark at the bottom.
The reverse field of Silver Morgan Dollars features the heraldic eagle of the United States. This version of the heraldic eagle was developed by George T. Morgan as well and notably lacks 13 stars and the US national shield.
If you have any questions about these silver coins, please don’t hesitate to contact Silver.com customer service. Our team is available at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat service, and via our email address.