When it comes to historic gold for sale, the denominations of the US Eagle series are some of the favored pieces with American buyers. The US Eagle gold coins were in circulation from 1795 to 1933, but millions of coins were melted down by the Federal Reserve in the 1930s during the Great Depression as the Treasury sought to shore up the nation’s gold bullion reserves. Right now, Pre-33 Gold $10 Indian and Liberty Eagle Two-Coin Sets are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Ships to you inside protective plastic flips!
- Comes with a $10 Indian Eagle and $10 Liberty Eagle gold coin!
- Features the last two designs from the Gold $10 Eagle Series!
- Both specimens are XF+!
- Consists of .48375 Troy ounces of actual gold content per coin.
- Bears individual face values of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- The obverse depicts Liberty; one with a feathered headdress and the other with the coronet crown.
- On the reverse are different depictions of the American bald eagle.
- Please keep in mind the date marks will vary on the coins in your set.
Each Pre-33 Gold $10 Indian and Liberty Eagle Two Coin Set you receive comes with two coins from the Gold $10 denomination in the Indian Head and Liberty Head design collections. The Indian Head coins carry possible dates of 1907 to 1933, while the Liberty Head coins have possible dates from 1838 to 1907. The coins you receive will have varying dates. Each one is in XF+ condition, an indication that light wear is present only on the highest relief points and that some mint luster may still be present.
The Liberty Eagle and Indian Eagle coins represent more than half of the production life of the Gold $10 Eagle denomination. These two designs were struck consecutively for nearly 100 years from 1838 when the Liberty Head debuted until 1933 when the last Indian Head coins were struck.
The obverse of the coins in the Pre-33 Gold $10 Indian and Liberty Eagle Two-Coin Sets feature an effigy of Liberty. The classic Liberty Coronet design appears on the obverse of the Liberty Eagle coin, while Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ effigy of Liberty wearing a feathered headdress is found on the obverse of the Indian Head coin.
On the reverse of the Pre-33 Gold $10 Indian and Liberty Eagle Coins is the American bald eagle. The Liberty Head coin features the image of the heraldic eagle. The Indian Head coin shows a bald eagle resting on a sheaf of arrows with its wings at its side.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.