HomeSilver BullionSilver CoinsAmerica the Beautiful Series2014 America the Beautiful Coins
2014 America the Beautiful Coins
2014-P 5 oz Silver Burnished ATB Shenandoah Coins
$203.60As low as $203.60
2014 5 oz Silver ATB Great Smoky Mountains Coins
$260.40As low as $260.40
2014 America the Beautiful Coins
They may look like your average American quarter when you first see a picture online, but the America the Beautiful quarter is anything but your standard circulation quarter. Following the popularity of the state quarters program, the United States Mint launched the America the Beautiful quarter program to honor the national parks, national forests, and historic monuments found across the country in each of its states and territories. Many of these coins, including the 2014 ATB Silver Coins are available on Silver.com.
Inspiration for America the Beautiful Quarters
Starting in 1999, the United States Mint began to release new circulation quarters that featured a unique design for each of the 50 states. The standard reverse image of the bald eagle was replaced with a national forest, park, historic monument, or cultural icon from each one of the states. The program ran through 2008, and even resulted in a spin-off DC and territories quarter series in 2009 that honored the nation’s capital and its five overseas territories.
The America the Beautiful coin series was authorized with congressional passage of the America’s Beautiful National Parks Quarter Dollar Coin Act of 2008. There were going to be some significant changes between the inspiration for the ATB Silver coins and the commemorative coins themselves.
First and foremost, all ATB Silver Coins are five times larger than their cousin the standard quarter, containing 5 oz of .999 fine silver. While the state quarters and ATB Silver Coins both have a face value of $.25 (USD) and are considered legal tender, the ATB Silver Coins are not released into circulation and not generally intended for use as payment in transactions.
America the Beautiful Coins
The America the Beautiful coin series is a 56-coin program that started in 2010. Each year the US Mint releases five new coin designs representing different states. The program is slated to run through 2021, with one coin released during the final production year. The Secretary of the Treasury will, at the time the series ends, have the power to extend the program through 2033 with additional designs.
In order for each state to have a representative park, forest, or monument to its liking on the ATB Silver Coin series, a collaborative effort was undertaken that included the Secretary of the Treasury, Secretary of the Interior, and the governor or chief executive of the jurisdiction in question. Following initial approval by this group, as well as civilian coin design groups, the ultimate decision for the design used on any ATB Silver coin was left in the hands of the Secretary of the Treasury.
On the obverse side of all ATB Silver Coins you’ll find the same image as the obverse of the standard quarter. A left-profile portrait of President George Washington is featured in the center, with “United States of America” engraved above, “Liberty” to the left, and “In God We Trust” on the right. The face value of the coin is engraved below. John Flanagan first designed the obverse of the quarter in 1932, and based his image on a bust created by sculptor William Cousins in 1786.
2014 ATB Silver Coins on Silver.com
Silver.com offers all of the five of the coins produced in the 2014 ATB Silver Coin program. Each of these coins featured brand-new designs that represent states from the East Coast and Rocky Mountain regions of the country. The details of the coins released in 2014 are featured below:
- Tennessee: Great Smoky Mountains National Park covers 522,419 acres of land across counties in both Tennessee and North Carolina. The Great Smoky Mountains are a particularly special stretch of the Blue Ridge Mountains along the Appalachian Mountain chain on the East Coast. Only 33,000 of these coins were produced.
- Virginia: Shenandoah National Park is located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and is home to some the state’s most beautiful forests and stunning vistas. The area was established as a national park on May 22, 1926. The U.S. Mint only created 25,000 of these coins.
- Utah: Arches National Park features some of the most unique natural rock formations in the United States. Set atop a layer of sandstone and loose sand in the deserts of Utah, Arches National Park has more than 2,000 natural arches that formed over thousands of years as the lower sandstone and sand layers eroded away. Only 22,000 coins were produced with the Arches National Park design.
- Colorado: The home of the Rockies in the United States is actually represented by Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. The preserve covers 84,997 acres of land in eastern Colorado and is home to the tallest sand dunes in North America, some of which rise as high as 750 feet above the ground. Only 22,000 of these coins were minted.
- Florida: Everglades National Park is home to some of the largest expanses of swampland in the United States. Encompassing an immense swath of southern Florida, the Everglades is home to the Florida panther, snakes, countless water fowl species, and is the only place in North America you’ll find both alligators and crocodiles living side by side. The U.S. Mint only minted 34,000 of the Florida ATB coin.
Certified 2014 ATB Silver Coins on Silver.com
The majority of the 2014 ATB Silver coins featured on Silver.com are available in Brilliant Uncirculated condition, but we also supply a large number of these coins that have been graded by the world’s two largest certification services. Earning a grade from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation or Professional Coin Grading Services adds value to any coin. Common terms used by the NGC and PCGS, as seen in our catalog, are defined below:
- MS70: Mint State 70; represents a coin in perfect condition, with full, original luster and no detracting flaws.
- MS69: Mint State 69; represents a coin in near-perfect condition, with full, original luster, and no more than two minor detracting flaws.
- DM: Deeply-mirrored, describes the background of the coin.
- PL: Proof-like, describes the overall appearance of the coin’s finish.
Payment Methods, Shipping, and Insurance with Silver.com
Silver.com makes it easy for you to receive your products without paying too much in shipping. Our affordable shipping rates are tiered based upon your overall purchase price, with any transaction in excess of $3,000 qualifying for both free shipping and insurance. All products are shipped in discreet packaging courtesy of the US Postal Service or UPS.
Your order is fulfilled and shipped by Silver.com once your payment has been processed. PayPal and bank wire transactions process the fastest, with immediate processing possible. Credit/debit card transactions typically take one business day, while paper check payments take 4 to 6 business days. Bank wire and paper check payments are also eligible for a 4% discount on the purchase price.
If your products are lost or damaged during shipping, we will work with your carrier to recover your shipment. In the event that is not possible, we’ll assist you in filing an insurance claim to replace your products or refund your money.
Silver.com welcomes your inquiries about 2014 ATB Silver Coins. Feel free to call us at 888-989-7223, connect with us online via our live web chat, or send us an email.