HomeSilver BullionSilver CoinsAmerica the Beautiful Series2020 America the Beautiful Coins
2020 America the Beautiful Coins
2020-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Weir Farm National Historic Site Coins
$289.14As low as $289.14
2020 Silver ATB Coins from Silver.com
As the ATB silver bullion series at the United States Mint nears its conclusion in 2021, the 2020 ATB release is a significant one. The penultimate date mark in the series, the 2020 release is the last one in the series that will feature a full five-coin release. The 56-coin series from the US Mint has featured five designs in each year from 2010 to 2019, and will do so again in 2020. However, that release schedule brings the tally to 55 coins as of 2020, leaving just one design to release in 2021 to wrap-up the series. Here is your chance to learn all about the final five-coin date mark in the Silver ATB Series.
States and Territories Honored in 2020
The 2020 ATB release schedule features some of the most recently-added sites to the list of federally-protected parks, monuments, and historical sites. The schedule for 2020 includes 3 US states and two US territories. The oldest site represented in the 2020 ATB release is the National Park of American Samoa established in 1988, while the youngest is the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve established in 1996. In total, the following jurisdictions are represented in the reverse designs of the Silver 2020 ATBs:
- American Samoa – National Park of American Samoa
- Connecticut – Weir Farm National Historic Site
- US Virgin Islands – Salt River Bay National Historic Park and Ecological Preserve
- Vermont – Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park
- Kansas – Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve
The Individual Silver 2020 ATB Designs
The Silver 2020 ATB coin designs are heavily weighted toward some of the nation’s most delicate ecosystems. The Connecticut release in the 2020 range is also one of the most unique in the entire ATB Series as it represents one of only two sites of its kind within the National Park Service. Details on the individual designs include the following:
- 2020 American Samoa National Park of American Samoa – the design on this coin is simple in its depiction of a Samoa flying fox mother protecting a young pup. The mother is perched upside down as the pup clutches its stomach for safety. The National Park of American Samoa is the National Park Service system’s only unit located south of the equator. It covers three different islands in American Samoa and protects coral reefs, tropical rainforests, and the ecosystem of the fruit bat. Of the 8,257 acres within the park, nearly one-third of it (2,500 acres) consists of ocean and coral reefs.
- 2020 Connecticut Weir Farm National Historic Site – for the design of the second release in 2020, the US Mint offers a design depicting an artist on the property at Weir Farm painting the landscape around the farmhouse and barn. Weir Farm National Historical Park is only one of two sites in the Park Service that celebrates the visual arts, with the other being Saint-Gaudens National Historical Park.
- 2020 US Virgin Islands Salt River Bay National Historical Park and Ecological Preserve – another US territory features in 2020 with the third design capturing the tangled roots of a mangrove tree as it grows in the shallow estuaries of Salt River Bay National Historical Park. Located on the island of St. Croix, the park preserves watersheds, mangrove forests, and various estuaries and marine environments on the island. Notably, it is also the only site in what is now territory of the United States where Christopher Columbus and his expedition set foot.
- 2020 Vermont Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park – in the penultimate release of 2020, the US Mint offers a design that showcases a young girl planting a seedling of the Norway Spruce tree species. Located in Vermont, the park is named for the individual who originally established a managed forest and dairy farm on the site, Frederick Billings, as well as George Perkins Marsh, Mary Montagu Billings French, Laurance Rockefeller, and Mary French Rockefeller, former owners of the property.
- 2020 Kansas Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve – like all sites chosen in the ATB Series, the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve is honored with a beautiful design and has a unique status among federally-protected sites in the United States. The simple, yet graceful design shows a Regal fritillary butterfly as it flies through the bluestem grass blades of the preserve. The site is located in and around the Flint Hills in Kansas and protects the only remaining tallgrass prairie ecosystem in the United States. Once covering 400,000 square miles in North America, tallgrass prairie ecosystems today are just 4% of that historic volume and most of it is located in and around Flint Hills.
The Silver 2020 ATB Options
Silver 2020 ATB coins are available to purchase at Silver.com with the same options offered in other years in the series. The two most common choices are mint-issued Brilliant Uncirculated coins and Burnished Silver coins. The BU Silver ATBs have no mintage cap and the US Mint will continue to issue the designs for a period of time as long as demand persists. The Burnished Silver ATBs likewise have no mintage cap, but the US Mint does produce fewer of them as the higher premium for the coin results in only collectors looking to purchase the coins.
The Burnished Silver ATB is noted for its clean, matte visuals and the presence of a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint. You will find that mint mark on the obverse of the coins near the inscription of “In God We Trust.”
In addition to these mint-issued options, there are also Colorized Silver ATBs available. However, these coins come from authorized third-party dealers like Emporium-Hamburg in Germany. The US Mint only recently, in 2020, began colorizing its own coins and has kept this process limited to commemorative collections only. The Colorized Silver ATB issued by Emporium-Hamburg are BU specimens it acquired from the US Mint and then enhanced with colorized lacquers at its discretion.
How Will Silver 2020 ATBs Ship?
You will notice different packaging options based on the type of Silver 2020 ATB you purchase. The Burnished Silver coins ship in the same packaging regardless of the volume you buy. All coins in this release are housed individually inside of a capsule and a protective presentation box. The US Mint also issues these with a Certificate of Authenticity.
BU Silver ATB coins can be purchased in one of three packaging options based on the volume of coins you purchase. Buying one coin up to nine coins results in receiving each coin in a protective capsule. Multiples of 10 will ship inside of acrylic tubes. Multiples of 100 are available in US Mint Monster Boxes that contain 10 tubes of 10 coins each.
Packaging of Colorized Silver ATBs can vary and is done at the discretion of Emporium-Hamburg. Generally speaking, the coins are housed in a protective box.
Get Your Silver 2020 ATBs at Silver.com
If you have any questions about Silver 2020 ATBs, Silver.com customer service can lend a hand. Please call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email. You can find detailed information on all acceptable forms of payment by visiting our Payment Methods page. If you cannot find the answer to your question(s) there, please feel free to contact customer service via the methods mentioned above.