HomeSilver BullionSilver RoundsMonarch Silver Rounds
Monarch Silver Rounds
1/10 oz Silver Monarch Egyptian Nefertiti Rounds (New)
$2.98 As low as $2.78
1 oz Monarch Egyptian Relic Silver Bars (New)
$21.82 As low as $21.52
Monarch Precious Metals Silver Rounds
When it comes to affordable investing and collecting, many silver enthusiasts turn to silver rounds as a viable option for building up an investment portfolio or expanding a personal collection of precious metal products. In response to this demand, Monarch Precious Metals Silver Rounds are increasing in popularity.
Like many other mints, Monarch produces a number of silver rounds for the precious metals market. While some refineries and mints focus on both investment-grade rounds and collectible products, Monarch is exclusively focused on selling its popular hand-stamped, unique designs on silver round products. The lineup from Monarch Precious Metals is ever-evolving, but the following highlights some of the more popular Monarch Precious Metals Silver Rounds available on Silver.com.
Silver 3D Domed Sports Series from MPM
Monarch Precious Metals’ latest program brings some of the world’s favorite sports to life on brilliantly crafted 3D silver rounds. Each silver round in the series features a convex obverse and concave reverse side. The convex side allows the refiners at MPM to create real-life images of basketballs, soccer balls, and other sports equipment on a beautiful 3D silver rounds containing .999 fine silver.
To date, the release features two rounds available on Silver.com. These rounds are a first-of-their-kind product from MPM, and the availability is limited. Details on the individual releases are featured here:
- 3D Basketball Silver Round: The 2016 1 oz Silver Monarch Domed Basketball Round from Monarch Precious Metals is the most time-intensive and technologically challenging product the mint has produced. The silver blanks used in production are hand-loaded into the coining presses at Monarch and struck three times to create the 3D appearance of the rounds. The reverse of the round has a concave field, and provides the visual of a basketball rim, backboard, and ball. You’ll notice engravings on this face of the weight, metal content, and purity of the round. On the obverse of the round is the convex field which mimics the appearance of a basketball. The panels of the ball have a frosted finish, while the seam lines have a mirrored finish. There are no engravings on this face.
- 3D Soccer Ball Silver Round: While the English like to claim the title as the “creators of the sport,” the official international governing body for soccer recognizes an ancient Chinese game known as Tsu Chu as the first version of the game to feature regular rules. The ancient Greeks and Romans both played ball games using feet to propel the ball around the field. The Maori people of New Zealand played a game known as Ki-o-rahi on a circular field with seven players and different zones. On the obverse of each round you’ll find design features the mimic the appearance of an actual soccer ball, with traditional patchwork finishes and a 3D domed design. The reverse of the 2016 1 oz Silver Monarch Domed Soccer Ball Round has the Monarch mint logo, and engravings of the round’s metal content, weight, and purity. This side also includes the image of a soccer ball as it flies into the back of the goal, bulging the net as it does so.
Silver Egyptian Rounds from MPM
Egyptian-themed rounds are new to the market, and while Monarch Precious Metals doesn’t have the market cornered on this particular design concept, it does have one of the more interesting options available.
The ½ oz Silver Monarch Egyptian Rounds from Monarch Precious Metals are truly unique. All of Monarch’s silver and gold bars are hand-poured and hand-stamped for a rustic, one-of-a-kind appeal. That same concept has been applied to these rounds. Each obverse and reverse design set has been purposely hand-stamped slightly off center, giving each round its own individual appeal.
In addition to the unique manufacture and finish of each round’s design, an application of anti-polish and antiquing chemicals has been applied to the rounds to provide a sense of old-world charm. Antique finishes generally add the appearance of years of circulation for a round or coin, while creating subtle depth and warmth in the design. The specific design features of each round are as follows:
- Obverse: Each of these silver rounds features the left-profile image of an Egyptian mummy, along with a variety of sample Egyptian hieroglyphics that add to the overall imagery of the silver round.
- Reverse: Here you’ll find the central image bearing depictions of the scarab beetle and the Eye of Horus. Known as the Scarabaeus sacer, the scarab beetle is a species of dung beetle that was worshiped by Ancient Egyptians as a symbol of Khepri, the early morning manifestation of the sun god Ra.
Why Invest in Silver Rounds?
While the vast majority of precious metal enthusiasts, investors, and collectors eagerly await the annual release of popular sovereign bullion coin programs, silver rounds are increasingly catching the eye of Average Joes in the precious metals world. What is it that makes silver rounds so popular?
There are many benefits that silver rounds have compared to popular bullion coins such as those mentioned above is the producer. Yes, coins from the United States Mint, Royal Canadian Mint, and Perth Mint (among others) are in high demand, and they are among the highest quality coins available today. However, there are two hurdles preventing average investors and new investors from getting into the market:
- First: Sovereign coins released by the mints mentioned above are restricted in production on one level or another. For example, Perth Mint coins such as the Australian Silver Kookaburra and Australian Silver Koala have limited mintages (usually maxed at 1 million) that restrict the amount available on an annual basis. In the case of the American Silver Eagle, the United States Mint strikes the coins to meet demand. However, the Mint has been forced to institute an allocation program restricting the volume at times to meet the immense demand for silver coins.
- Second: The coins struck by these mints have higher premiums over the spot price of silver. The demand for these coins and the limited mintage of each leads to higher prices, making it difficult for collectors to regularly purchase the designs they covet and tougher for new investors to break into the market.
A major benefit of silver rounds is the fact they are primarily struck by numerous private mints across the United States, as well as a handful of refineries around the globe. The greater variety of mints involved in the production of silver rounds provides greater quantity in the marketplace. This means that silver rounds are easier to get ahold of, and the unlimited production of the rounds keeps the spot price of silver rounds lower compared to those of bullion coins.
More importantly to collectors, silver rounds deliver the designs you prefer without the cost of silver coins or the potential to miss out on annual releases. For example, some of the most popular US coin designs from history are available on silver rounds.
Monarch Precious Metals
Monarch Precious Metals was founded in the Rogue Valley of southern Oregon in 2008. The mint was opened in response to the demand for silver and gold products in the midst of surging prices for various precious metals. More importantly, as a private mint Monarch fills a vital role in the precious metals industry.
The refinery creates demand for its products with unique, one-of-a-kind designs that originate from its hand-poured production processes and hand-stamped engravings. All of its products, gold and silver alike, have a minimum purity of .999 pure silver or gold.
Purchasing Monarch Precious Metals Silver Rounds on Silver.com
At Silver.com we make it easy for you to purchase the MPM Silver Rounds you want from our catalog. Silver.com proudly accepts all major credit and debit cards, with no minimum purchase price and a maximum of $5,000. PayPal fund transfers are our latest offering. In addition to a $0 minimum and a $10,000 maximum, PayPal transactions process instantly and enter the shipping queue immediately. Paper check payments have a similar $0 minimum and a $50,000 maximum, and while they take four to six business days to process, you’ll enjoy a 4% savings on your purchase price compared to credit/debit payments and PayPal transfers.
We also accept bank wire transfers. The minimum is higher at $2,500, but the $150,000 maximum makes it easier for you to invest in as much silver as you wish. Bank wire payments process instantly and enter our shipping queues immediately.
All Silver.com shipments are packaged in discreet boxes to protect the identity of your products during shipment. Packages are delivered via the United States Postal Service or UPS, and should they become lost or damaged, Silver.com will work to correct the situation. We can either start an insurance claim on your behalf to secure a refund of your money, or work with the carrier to track down your package.
If you have any questions about MPM Silver Rounds, payment methods, or shipping options, please feel free to contact a Silver.com associate. Our team members are available on the phone during regular business hours at 888-989-7223, online using our website’s hosted live chat, or by submitting your questions to us in writing via email.