Collectible / Gold and Silver State Sales Taxes in Wyoming
Wyoming Laws and Regulations
The State of Wyoming requires the collection of sales taxes on certain products sold by Silver.com and delivered to a Wyoming address. These taxes must be collected on (1) copper products; (2) any uncoined bullion regardless of precious metal type; (3) accessory items; and (4) processed items. All other products sold by Silver.com are exempt from these taxes.
The following definitions apply to products on which taxes must be collected in Wyoming:
- Uncoined Bullion. Any bullion which does not meet the definition of coined bullion.
- Coined Bullion. Refined bullion which is coined, stamped or imprinted with its weight and purity, and valued primarily based on its metal content and not is form.
- Bullion. Precious metal that is valued solely upon its precious metal content, whether in coin or bar form.
- Accessory Items. Items such as holders, tubes, coin flips, and apparel.
- Processed Items. Precious metals that have been processed by third parties into items that are valued on more than their precious metal content, such as statues or colorized coins.
Sales taxes in Wyoming are calculated at checkout on the Silver.com website based on (1) the taxability of products sold by Silver.com in Wyoming set forth above, and (2) the specific tax rates established by the taxing jurisdiction of the delivery address in Wyoming.
Silver.com began collecting sales taxes in Wyoming on February 1, 2019. Our sales tax license number in Wyoming is 24031358.
If you are a Wyoming-based reseller and wish to file a Reseller Certificate with Silver.com, please download the Wyoming Reseller Certificate form here. Once you have filled out this form, either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail it to Silver.com, Inc., 5930 Royal Lane, Suite E-151, Dallas, TX 75230. Once we receive your completed Reseller Certificate, we will enter it into our system, and you will not be charged sales taxes on future orders as long as your Reseller Certificate remains valid and in force.
Please note: The above is not a comprehensive description of sales tax laws and requirements in the State of Wyoming. It is only intended to provide the reader with a brief overview of those sales tax laws and requirements currently in effect in the State of Wyoming that relate to the reader’s transactions with Silver.com. If you would like to research the sales tax laws and requirements in the State of Wyoming, we suggest you visit the Wyoming Department of Revenue located at http://revenue.wyo.gov/.