The American Eagle Series from the United States Mint consists of four options in the modern era. These coins started with the Gold Eagle and Silver Eagle in 1986, and subsequently expanded in 1997 and 2017 with the Platinum Eagle and Palladium Eagle, respectively. The Platinum American Eagle originally featured fractional weights that are no longer offered as of 2008. The 1/10 oz Platinum American Eagle Coin is now available to you for purchase online at Silver.com with PCGS or NGC certification.
- Coins ship to you inside of the PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- Produced between 1997 and 2008!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- Issued a face value of $10 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The Statue of Liberty gazes to the future on the obverse.
- An American bald eagle soars over the nation on the reverse.
- Please be aware that buying multiple items could result in receiving several with the same date mark and possible additional labels.
Platinum American Eagles are the most unique coins in the American Eagle Series for one major reason. While the bullion version has maintained the same obverse and reverse designs each year, the Proof Platinum Eagles have made use of new reverse designs in every year since their 1997 introduction. More recently, the Proof Platinum Eagle has even explored the use of new obverse designs every few years.
The 1997 debut of the Platinum American Eagle bullion coin came with 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz coins available to purchase. This remained the case from 1997 to 2008, at which point the US Mint suspended platinum coin production and opted not to revive the fractionals in 2014 when the 1 oz coin returned.
During the 12 years it was produced by the US Mint, the 1/10 oz Platinum Eagle outsold the other versions of the coin five times. It was the best-selling coin in the debut release with 70,250 coins sold, a mark that is second-best in the series behind only the 1998 1 oz coin with 133,002 units sold.
On the obverse of 1/10 oz Platinum American Eagle coins is a vision of the Statue of Liberty as she gazes into the future. The reverse side depicts an American bald eagle as it glides over the continent.
These 1/10 oz Platinum American Eagle coins have Mint State 70 certifications from the PCGS or NGC. This indicates a coin with full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws. These coins are offered today by Silver.com from random years. Possible date marks include 1997-2008, but we cannot guarantee a specific date mark. All coins are chosen at random. If you buy more than one, please note you could receive several from the same year.
We encourage Silver.com customers to call us at 888-989-7223 with questions about platinum coins. You can also reach out to us online through our live chat and email address features.