The gold coins for sale in the Chinese Panda Series from the Chinese Mint are among the most popular in the world. Coveted for the government-backed weight and gold purity, Gold Panda is also popular as it uses a new image of the Giant Panda species on the reverse of coin with each date mark. Now, 1/4 oz Gold Chinese Pandas are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Coins ship to you inside of a PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- Produced from 1982 to 2015!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .999 fine gold.
- Issued a face value of 25 or 100 Yuan by the People’s Republic of China.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests on the obverse.
- Giant Panda designs on the reverse.
- Please note that you may receive coins with the same dates, designs, and additional labels when you buy more than one.
Gold Chinese Pandas are the official gold bullion coins of the People’s Republic of China. The coins have been produced in four weights since 1982, with a fifth weight available as of 1983. All coins in the series were weighed and marked in Troy ounces from 1982 to 2015. In 2016, the Chinese Mint changed the weights to Grams instead.
The original series featured 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/10 oz, and 1/20 oz gold coins alongside these 1/4 oz gold coins. In 2016, all of these weights were changed to reflect Grams, with new options offered as 30 Gram, 15 Gram, 8 Gram, 3 Gram, and 1 Gram gold coins instead. Prior to this, the only adjustment to the series came in 2001 when the face values were boosted. For the 1/4 oz Gold Panda, this meant a jump from 25 Yuan (1982-2000) to 100 Yuan (2001-2015).
For the obverse design field, the 1/4 oz Gold Chinese Panda features an image of the exterior façade of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. This building is the primary structure in the Temple of Heaven Complex. In the reverse design element, 1/4 oz Gold Pandas showcase new images of the Giant Panda each year. The 2001 and 2002 coins are the only ones that share a design.
These 1/4 oz Gold Chinese Pandas are available to you in perfect condition. The PCGS or NGC issued these coins a Mint State 70 certification because each one had full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind present. Your coin may or may not come with additional labels such as Early Release or First Strike.
Please note that all coins are chosen at random once your payment has cleared. We cannot accommodate requests for particular dates, designs, or additional labels. If you buy more than one, all these factors could match all the coins you receive.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223. You can also direct your questions to us online through our live chat and email address features.