Gold Chinese Pandas from the Chinese Mint debuted in 1982 with four weights available. That gold for sale included 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz coins. One year later in 1983, the series gained a 1/20 oz gold option as well. The coins in the Chinese Panda Series are now marked in Grams, but plenty of Troy ounce specimens still remain for investors to purchase. Today, 1/4 oz Gold Chinese Panda Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC!
- Issued in 1/4 Troy ounce from 1982 to 2015!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .999 fine gold.
- The face value of 25 Yuan or 100 Yuan is fully backed by the People’s Republic of China.
- On the obverse is the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- The reverse includes various images of the Giant Panda species.
- Please note that you may receive numerous coins with the same design, date, and face value when buying multiples through this listing.
1/4 oz Gold Chinese Pandas were available with this specific weight from 1982 to 2015. The Chinese Mint ended the use of Troy ounces as the standard weight measurement for its Chinese Panda bullion coins after the 2015 release. From 2016 onward, all coins in the Chinese Panda Series featured weights marked in Grams.
All of the 1/4 oz Gold Chinese Pandas available here today earned near-perfect grades from the NGC. Coins in Mint State 69 condition showcase full, original mint luster with no more than two minor detracting flaws present. Acceptable flaws at this grade level include minuscule contact marks or hairlines found outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
As a random-year listing, Silver.com cannot guarantee or reserve specific date marks for you. All coins are chosen at random once your payment has been processed and the date marks you receive are determined by availability at that point in time. If you buy more than one coin, it is possible you will receive several coins with matching date marks, designs, and face values.
Please note that the 1/4 oz Gold Pandas had a face value of 25 Yuan from 1982 to 2000. Coins issued from 2001 to 2015 have a face value of 100 Yuan. Also, the reverse design of 1/4 oz Gold Chinese Pandas offers new designs of the Giant Panda species each year.
The obverse of the 1/4 oz Gold Chinese Pandas features the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. This building is the primary structure in the Temple of Heaven Complex and was the site of Taoist religious services.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com with your questions. We can assist you on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or send us an email.