The Burnished Gold American Eagle offers collectors a second option when purchasing the gold coins of the Gold American Eagle Series. The bullion and proof versions of the coin debuted in 1986, but these Burnished Gold American Eagles were not introduced until 2006 as part of the 20th anniversary of the collection. Today, 1 oz Burnished Gold American Eagles in near-perfect condition are available to you at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS or NGC!
- Produced from 2006 to 2008 and 2011 to the present!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is a depiction of Liberty.
- The reverse includes a family of American bald eagles.
- Bears a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please note you may receive several coins of the same date with the same additional labels when purchasing multiples.
The Burnished Gold American Eagle is a special coin from the United States Mint that is produced using special attention to detail. The gold blanks are first burnished in a drum with a polishing medium to create the matte visual appearance of the design elements. The blanks are then removed by gloved hands, struck one at a time in the coining press, and immediately removed by gloved hands for packaging.
All of the 1 oz Burnished Gold American Eagles in this product listing come with a near-perfect certification from either the PCGS or the NGC. Coins in Mint State 69 condition have full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Examples of acceptable flaws at this grading level include minuscule contact marks or hairlines found only outside of the primary focal areas of the coin.
Silver.com offers these coins as a random year and varied label listing. Though not guaranteed, it is possible the coin you receive could come with an Early Release, First Strike, or First Day of issue label in addition to its Mint State 69 certification. We do not guarantee the presence of these labels, the particular grading house to issue the MS69 certification, or the date mark of the coin you receive.
All items are chosen at random once your payment is processed and the possible date marks you can receive include a range of 2006-2008 or 2011-present. You should note it is possible to receive several matching coin dates and additional labels when buying multiples.
On the obverse of the Burnished Gold Eagles is the design of Liberty from Augustus Saint-Gaudens. The reverse field of 1 oz Burnished Gold Eagles has the exclusive Miley Busiek depiction of a family of bald eagles.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. We are available on the phone at 888-989-7223, on the web using our live chat, and via our email address.