When it comes to buying Silver American Eagles from the United States Mint, investors and collectors have a choice between one of three versions of the coin. The longest-running options are the BU and Proof specimens, with the Burnished coin available only as of 2006. In fact, the Burnished Silver Eagle is missing two date marks in its history already as it was not issued in 2009 or 2010 during the Great Recession. Today, 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagles in perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Offered from 2006 to 2008 and 2011 to present!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The individual face values of $1 (USD) are fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is Walking Liberty.
- The reverse features the heraldic eagle.
- Bears W mint marks from the West Point Mint.
- Please keep in mind you may receive coins with the same dates, labels, and grading house when you purchase several.
In 2006, the United States Mint introduced a third version of the Silver American Eagle. The new burnished coin featured special blanks that were handled at all times by gloved hands and struck in coining presses just once to create the design. The silver blanks were treated before coining to deliver a clean, matte visual for each specimen. Burnished Silver Eagles come with mint marks from the West Point Mint and were issued from 2006 to 2008, not in 2009 or 2010, and have been back in production since 2011.
All of the 1 oz Burnished Silver American Eagles in this listing come to you in perfect condition. Mint State 70 coins have full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws of any kind. The coins offered here come with random date marks and the potential for both varying labels in the slab and varying grading houses.
Silver.com selects each coin for you at random from our inventory at the moment your payment clears. We cannot guarantee the date, labels, and grading house of a coin in advance. If you purchase several coins, you may receive matching items.
On the obverse of Burnished Silver American Eagles features a depiction of Walking Liberty. This design shows Liberty in left-profile relief as she walks with her right hand outstretched, her left carrying branches of oak and laurel, and the American flag draped around her figure. The design was created in 1916 by Adolph A. Weinman.
The reverse side of 1 oz Burnished Silver Eagles comes with an image of the heraldic eagle of the United States. Created in 1986 by John Mercanti, the design shows a powerful bald eagle in front-facing relief with the US national shield and the arrows of war and olive branch of peace.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. Our team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and through our email address.