The United States Mint issues the Platinum American Eagle coins on an annual basis. While the proof version of the coin has been consistently available in 1 Troy oz weight since 1997, the 1 oz bullion coin has a different track record and has only recently become available again each year since 2016. Right now, 1 oz Platinum American Eagle coins in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of the NGC’s protective plastic slab!
- First issued in 1997!
- Availability of certified coins in perfect condition is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9995 fine platinum.
- Bears a face value of $100 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse side is the face of Liberty.
- The reverse includes the American bald eagle in flight.
- Please keep in mind you may receive several with the same date mark when buying multiple coins.
Each of the individual 1 oz Platinum American Eagle coins in this listing earned a Mint State 70 certification from the NGC. A coin with this grade exhibits full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws visible on the design elements or surface areas of the coin. This product listing offers 1 oz Platinum Eagles from random years.
Silver.com cannot guarantee you a specific date mark in the series. The 1998 coins, for example, have the highest mintage figure by far in the collection at 133,002 coins. The next closest coin is the 1999 release with 56,707 coins. Your 1 oz Platinum American Eagle is chosen at random after your payment is processed. When buying multiples, please be aware that you may receive several coins with the same date mark.
On the obverse face of 1 oz Platinum American Eagle Coins is the image of Lady Liberty. This design from John Mercanti is based on the Statue of Liberty’s form and includes a focused view of her face.
The reverse side of Platinum American Eagle Coins from the United States Mint include a bald eagle flight. The national symbol of the United States, the bald eagle flies over the continent as the sun peeks over the horizon in the background.
The United States Mint produces its Platinum American Eagle coins at the West Point Mint. These 1 oz bullion coins were available from 1997 to 2008, again in 2014, and regularly again since 2016.
If you have any questions, please contact Silver.com. Our customer service team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.