First introduced in 1986, the Silver American Eagle coin series has become the most popular in the world. Investors and collectors clamor for the Silver Eagle each year, and the proof coin is a particular favorite among collectors for its high quality visual appearance. Right now, you can purchase a 1987-S 1 oz. Silver American Eagle from Silver.com.
- Issued a perfect PR70 grade from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Deep-cameo finish authenticated by the PCGS.
- “S” mint mark identifying each as a product of the San Francisco Mint.
- Contains .999 pure silver.
- $1 (USD) face value backed by the US federal government.
- Ships in individual plastic slabs on purchase of single coins.
- Out of the 904,732 Proof Silver Eagles minted in 1987, only 810 have been graded as PR70 DCAM by PCGS.
Silver American Eagle proof coins were introduced alongside the bullion coin in the series. The Silver Eagle is only available in a 1 oz. weight. Proof coins were struck at the San Francisco Mint from 1986 to 1992, the shortest duration of production at any of the US Mint’s three facilities to contribute to the Silver American Eagle program.
Each of the coins in this product listing has a perfect grade, indicating that these proofs still have their full, original luster. You’ll find no blemishes, contact marks, or other detracting flaws on the surface of these coins. The DCAM designation relates to the finish on these proof coins. DCAM is reserved for proof coins with a strong, frosted finish on the design field and a deeply mirrored, clear background field.
Images on the Silver American Eagle include Lady Liberty and the bald eagle. Adolph A. Weinman’s classic Walking Liberty depiction shows Lady Liberty striding toward the setting sun and is indicative of America’s march to a brighter future. US Mint chief engraver John Mercanti designed the heraldic eagle on the reverse side of the coin.
If you have questions, Silver.com associates have the answer. Please feel free to contact us at 888-989-7223, chat with us online, or send us an email.