The US Mint Proof Quarter Sets are available with five separate quarter designs in plastic hard cases. These sets celebrate the State Quarters Program the US Mint issued from 1999 to 2008 celebrating the admission of each state to the Union. Each quarter came with a different reverse design for each state. Right now, 1999 US Mint Proof Quarter Sets are available to purchase online from Silver.com.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Ships to you inside plastic cases with an outer shipper!
- First year of issue for US State Quarter designs!
- Consists of five separate 1999 State Quarters.
- Bears individual face values of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- The obverse of the coins features President George Washington.
- On the reverse are varying designs for each of the five states.
- Please keep in mind that these coins remain in good condition, though some sets may be missing outer shippers.
Each 1999 US Mint Proof Quarters Set is available to you with five individual 1999-dated US State Quarter Program releases. The quarters are housed together inside of a hard plastic case for delivery. All of the coins are struck with proof visuals for collectors, delivering frosted designs and mirror-like fields. The coins in this set come with the standard cupro-nickel alloy used in most US circulation coins.
The State Quarters Program debuted in 1999 and offered distinct reverse images for Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, George, and Connecticut. Each of the coin designs in the series featured in the order that the state was admitted into the Union based on that state ratifying the United States Constitution.
The obverse of the coins in the 1999 US Mint Proof Quarters Set comes with a portrait of President George Washington. This design was created in 1932 by John Flanagan and debuted on the quarter for the bicentennial of Washington’s birth. The reverse of each coin offers a design celebrating the history of each state.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.