The fifth coin released in the Lunar Series I collection from the Perth Mint featured the most important animal in the Chinese lunar calendar: the dragon. The official emblem of modern China and one associated with emperors for thousands of years, the dragon is the leading mythical beast in Chinese culture. Today, 2000 1 oz Gold Australian Lunar Dragon Coins with certification are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in a PCGS or NGC protective plastic slab!
- Fifth coin available in the Lunar Series I program from the Perth Mint!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Original mintage of 30,000 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- The face value of $100 (AUD) is fully backed by the Australian government.
- Graded Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse.
- A Chinese dragon and flaming pearl feature on the reverse.
- Please be aware you could receive several coins with the same grading house label if you buy multiples.
The Lunar Series programs from the Perth Mint feature 12 designs representing each of the individual animals of the Zodiac. Unlike some other collections out there, the Lunar Series programs at the Perth Mint always follow the exact cycle of the Chinese Lunar Calendar beginning with the first release in the Year of the Rat and concluding in the 12th year with the Year of the Pig.
All of the 2000 1 oz Gold Australian Lunar Dragons in this product listing at Silver.com come with a near-perfect certification. Coins in Mint State 69 condition have full, original mint luster and no more than two minor detracting flaws present. Examples of acceptable flaws at this grade level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines.
This particular Silver.com listing guarantees the coin is a Mint State 69 specimen, but offers random chance in which grading house issued the grade. The label inside of the slab denoting the MS69 grade will come from either the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation. Which label you receive is based on availability in our warehouse. If you purchase more than one, please be aware you could receive several coins with the same grading house label.
Queen Elizabeth II features on the obverse of all 2000 1 oz Gold Australian Lunar Dragons in this listing. Her Majesty is shown in right-profile relief in the 1998 design by Ian Rank-Broadley. In this portrait, she wears the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara.
A Chinese dragon is depicted on the reverse of 2000 Gold Australian Lunar Dragons. The dragon is very important in Chinese culture and is considered a benevolent creature, with the Four Dragons of Chinese mythology actually becoming the four great rivers of China that provide for the people.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with any questions. You can reach us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.