The Atlantic Flyway is a migratory route along the Atlantic Coast of North America that runs from the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico over Cuba and into Florida as well as over the islands of the Eastern Caribbean and into Florida. The flyway provides migratory waterfowl with cover, food, and places to rest. Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge is one of those important stops and is located in Delaware in the United States. Today, 2015-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Bombay Hook Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you inside of protective US Mint boxes and come with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 29th coin issue in the ATB Series and the fourth of 2015!
- Mintage of burnished silver coins is limited!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $.25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse of the coins is the image of George Washington.
- The reverse side of the coins depicts a great blue heron and great egret.
- Honors Delaware in the ATB Series.
- Includes a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge was established in March 1937 to preserve valuable breeding and resting grounds for migratory birds moving along the Atlantic Flyway. The refuge area also includes the history Allee House, a farmhouse built before the Revolutionary War and listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
All 2015-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Bombay Hook Coins include a protective US Mint box issued with the coins when originally released. Each of the coins also comes with a Certificate of Authenticity from the US Mint. While silver bullion coins in the series are produced by the West Point Mint without mint marks, these Burnished Silver ATB Coins have a “P” mint mark and are struck at the Philadelphia Mint.
On the obverse of 2015 Burnished Silver ATB Bombay Hook Coins, you’ll find the left-profile portrait of President George Washington. The president’s effigy was placed on the circulation quarter in 1932 to mark the 200th anniversary of his birth and that same design is refined for use on the ATB coins.
The reverse of the 2015-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Bombay Hook Coins includes the image of a great blue heron and great egret on salt marshes in the wildlife refuge. Salt marshes are stretches of land regularly flooded by tide waters from open saltwater areas and play a big role in aquatic food webs.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with your questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.