The Royal Mint is a global institution that once featured mints on numerous continents. Today, it is the official sovereign mint of the United Kingdom, and produces gold products available to investors and collectors. Right now, the 2016 ¼ oz Gold British Queen’s Beast Lion Coin is available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition as certified by the NGC.
- Ships to you in a protective plastic slab from the NGC.
- First of 10 designs from the series of Queens Beast Coins.
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of £25 (GBP) backed by the government of the United Kingdom.
- Issued a grade of Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Obverse features the latest Queen Elizabeth II portrait.
- Reverse bears the image of the Lion of England.
- Both sides designed by Jody Clark.
The 2016 ¼ oz Gold British Queen’s Beast Lion Coins in this listing are all perfect specimens according to the NGC. Coins with a Mint State 70 grade have full, original mint luster and lack all detracting flaws of any kind on the surface areas.
The first of the designs in the Queen’s Beast Collection is the heraldic Lion of England, the most important and visible of the creatures. The lion played a key role in British heraldry, often used in the coat of arms by many knights during the Early Medieval period. Today, the nation’s football team is often referred to as the Three Lions, a nod to the use of three lions on the country’s heraldic shield.
Queen Elizabeth II ascended to the throne of England in 1952 following her father’s abdication as King of England. Her official coronation as the new Queen of England was in 1953, and during her ceremony there were wooden statues of 10 heraldic creatures present.
On the obverse of the Gold British Queens Beast Coin you’ll find Clark’s all-new portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. Captured in right-profile relief, Her Majesty’s portrait is surrounded by engravings of her name, the year of issue, and the face value of the coin in Pound Sterling.
The reverse of the 2016 1/4 oz Gold British Queens Beast Coin includes the fearsome image of the Lion of England. It is depicted standing behind the Royal Coat of Arms, with one paw holding the shield and the other raised, poised to strike back at the nation’s enemies.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Silver.com. Our customer service team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.