Many of the sites featured in the America the Beautiful silver for sale from the United States Mint chart the course of American history by preserving battle sites or marking locations where critical turning points in American history occurred. George Rogers Clark National Historical Park in Indiana is no different. Today, 2017-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB George Rogers Clark National Historical Park Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of a presentation box with a Certificate of Authenticity from the United States Mint!
- 40th coin in the ATB Series and the fifth release in 2017!
- Mintage of Burnished Silver ATB coins is limited!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $.25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- President George Washington is on the obverse.
- Lieutenant Colonel George Rogers Clark leads his men to battle against the British at Fort Sackville on the reverse.
- Issued for Indiana in the ATB Series.
- Honors George Rogers Clark National Historical Park.
- Bears a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
George Rogers Clark is the older brother of William Clark, the man who charted the unknown lands gained by the United States with the Louisiana Purchase alongside Meriwether Lewis. While the younger Clark is remembered in history books and discussed by millions of American school children, the elder Clark flew under the radar. His exploits are, however, no less impressive.
All of these 2017-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB George Rogers Clark National Historical Park Coins are available to you from the United States Mint with a presentation display case and a Certificate of Authenticity.
George Rogers Clark is honored with a national historical site in Vincennes, Indiana, for his exploits in the Illinois Campaign of the Revolutionary War. In 1778 and 1779, Clark was a Lieutenant Colonel and led his men on a shocking winter march along the Missouri River to attack the British position at Fort Sackville. Clark and his men landed a surprise victory against the British in the campaign that culminated in the sacking of the fort.
On the reverse of 2017-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB George Rogers Clark National Historical Park Coins is the image of Clark as he leads his men into battle. His victory over the British in the Illinois Campaign is regarded as one of the most significant American achievements of the entire war.
The obverse of 2017-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Coins includes the left-profile bust of President George Washington. The Commander-in-Chief of the Continental Army and the first President of the United States of America, this 1932 design from John Flanagan is based on a 1786 sculpting of Washington by William Cousins.
Please don’t hesitate to ask questions when buying ATB Silver Coins. You can call Silver.com at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.