When investors are buying gold from the United States Mint, their first choice is often the 1/10 oz Gold American Eagle Coin. The smallest coin in the Gold Eagle Series, this fractional-weight gold coin is popular for its smaller size and the lower cost of investing in gold due to its weight. Right now, the 2018 1/10 oz Gold American Eagle Coin is yours to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition!
- Ships to you in protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- 32nd year of availability for the Gold American Eagles!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike designation.
- The figure of Liberty walks toward the viewer on the coin’s obverse.
- A male bald eagle flies back to the family nest on the coin’s reverse.
Each 2018 1/10 oz Gold American Eagle Coin listed here today is in perfect condition as certified by the PCGS. Coins with a Mint State 70 grade exhibit full, original mint luster and lack any signs of detracting flaws on either surface.
As a First Strike specimen, these coins met specific criteria for their delivery time to the PCGS for certification. Each one must have been received by the PCGS or an approved depository within the first 30 days of the US Mint’s release date for 2018 Gold Eagles in order to earn the FS label.
Gold American Eagle 1/10 oz coins are currently very popular in the series. In fact, each time the price of gold rises the 1/10 oz coin enjoys a bump in popularity. For example, the late 1990s saw rising gold prices, which pushed the 1/10 oz coin ahead of the 1 oz in mintage for the first time ever in 1995, again in 1996, and helped it set a Gold Eagle mintage record in 1999 with 2.75 million coins struck.
On the obverse of every Gold American Eagle coin you’ll find the image of Liberty. This depiction of Liberty captures her figure in a long, flowing robe with her hair free to blow in the breeze behind her as she strides confidently forward from the nation’s capital as a guiding light and force for peace in America.
The reverse of the 2018 1/10 oz Gold American Eagle features the series’ exclusive design of the bald eagle. Created by Miley Busiek in 1986, this design captures a male eagle as it returns to the family nest with an olive branch.
If you have any questions, Silver.com customer service is waiting to help. Feel free to call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.