The Gold American Eagle coin is arguably one of the most beautiful specimens available from the United States Mint each year. The official gold bullion coin of the nation, the design on the obverse of the Gold American Eagle is one of the nation’s most iconic and came from the mind of Augustus Saint-Gaudens. Today, 2018 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS!
- 33rd year of release for Gold American Eagle 1 oz coins!
- Includes a special Augustus Saint-Gaudens label!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Day of Issue Label in the slab.
- The obverse of the coin features Saint-Gaudens’ design of Liberty.
- On the reverse is the exclusive bald eagle design from Miley Busiek.
Augustus Saint-Gaudens was commissioned by President Theodore Roosevelt in 1905 to help lead the charge in redesigning all of the nation’s coinage. President Roosevelt believed the nations coin designs were not fitting of its growing prominence and sought to revitalize all circulation gold and silver coins. Saint-Gaudens’ Liberty design graced the $20 Gold Double Eagle and is considered the greatest American coin design ever.
All 2018 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coins in this listing earned Mint State 70 certification from the PCGS. Considered perfect specimens, each one has its full original mint luster and no detracting flaws of any kind. The included First Day of Issue label means these coins were received by the PCGS within the first 24 hours of their release by the United States Mint.
Each of the coins in this listing also has a special Saint-Gaudens label honoring the man behind the obverse design. Saint-Gaudens completed his design of Liberty in 1907, but he would die from an illness in the same year just months before the US Mint actually completed coining of the $20 Gold Double Eagle and he never saw the finished product in circulation.
On the obverse side of 2018 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coins is the image of Lady Liberty. She is depicted in a front-facing design with a powerful, confident stance. The reverse face of Gold American Eagle Coins includes the image of a family of American bald eagles in their nest.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with any questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.