One of the most popular gold specimens among investors buying gold is the Gold Chinese Panda coin. Introduced in 1982 and offering investors five different weights to choose from, the Gold Panda also attracts collectors courtesy of its use of a new image of the Giant Panda on the reverse side each year. Now is your chance to purchase 2018 8 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Coins online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Coins ship to you inside of protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS!
- 36th year of availability for the Gold Chinese Panda coins!
- Availability of certified coins in perfect condition is limited!
- Consists of Eight Grams, or .2572 Troy ounces, of .999 fine gold.
- Issued a face value of ¥100 (Yuan) by the People’s Bank of China.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Obverse includes a depiction of Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- The reverse features the close-up face of a Giant Panda.
- Varied labels.
- Please be aware that purchases of several coins could result in receiving multiple with the same labels.
Gold Chinese Panda coins are offered by the Chinese Mint annually. The Gold Panda collection launched in 1982 with four options and grew to include a fifth with the debut of the 1/20 oz coin in 1983. As of 2016, coins in the Gold Chinese Panda Coin series have weights measured strictly in Grams rather than Troy ounces.
The 2018 8 Gram Gold Chinese Panda, like other coins in the series, has its own unique design on the reverse of a Giant Panda. The panda species is a type of bear that is native to the central highlands of the People’s Republic of China and is distinctive for its white-and-black fur patches, particularly its white fur on the face and black eye patches.
On the reverse of 2018 Gold Chinese Panda coins is a distinct image only available on 2018 coins. This design focuses on the face of the Giant Panda as it looks at some bamboo, a plant that serves as its primary dietary staple.
The obverse of 2018 8 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Coins includes the design of a structure known as the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. This is the largest structure in the greater Temple of Heaven complex in south-central Beijing.
These 2018 8 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Coins are available to you in perfect condition according to the PCGS. Coins with a Mint State 70 certification showcase full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws. As a varied label listing, Silver.com guarantees each coin is a 2018 date marked, 8 Gram Gold Panda with .999 fine gold and a perfect certification. The labels included in the slab are chosen at random though when your payment processes and you may receive several of the same label if you buy more than one coin.
We encourage Silver.com customers to call us with questions at 888-989-7223. You can also reach out to us online through our live chat and email address.