The 1 oz gold coin in the Gold American Eagle Series is often the most popular choice with investors. The 1 oz weight and pure gold content make it an ideal option for regular investors and its larger surface area beautifully displays Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ iconic image of Liberty. Right now, 2019 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coins are available to purchase in near-perfect condition at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC!
- 34th year of availability for the Gold American Eagle!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release label included.
- On the obverse face is the image of Lady Liberty.
- The reverse side of the coin includes an American bald eagle family.
Each of the 2019 1 oz Gold American Eagle Coins in this product listing is available to you with a Mint State 69 certification from the NGC. Coins with this certification are known as near-perfect specimens and exhibit full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. The only acceptable flaws at this certification level are minuscule contact marks or hairlines found outside the primary focal points of the coin’s design.
The included Early Release label from the NGC indicates when the coins arrived for the grading process. To qualify for this label, coins must arrive at the NGC within the first 30 days of the United States Mint’s release of Gold Eagles with the 2019 date mark.
On the obverse of all 2019 Gold American Eagle Coins is the design of Liberty created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. His original design featured 46 stars around the figure of Liberty and lacked the national motto “In God We Trust.” Two stars were added to the design in 1912 and two more were added for the 1986 debut of the Gold American Eagle. The national motto was added to the design back in 1908.
The reverse face of 2019 1 oz Gold American Eagles features a design of the American bald eagle. In this case, it’s an entire family of bald eagles. Designed specifically for the Gold American Eagle in 1986 by Miley Busiek, the image features a male eagle flying over the nest while a female eagle guards over the hatchling.
If you have any questions, Silver.com customer service can help. Give us a call at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your questions.