The Yale of Beaufort represents one of four heraldic beasts in the Queen’s Beast Series from the Royal Mint with mythical origins. While the Lion of England and White Falcon of the Plantagenets represent real animals, the Yale stands alongside the Unicorn, Griffen, and Red Dragon as mythical heraldic beasts. Right now, 2019 1 oz Gold British Queen’s Beast Yale of Beaufort Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of the protective plastic slab of the NGC!
- Seventh coin design released in the Queen’s Beast Series!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of £100 (GBP) backed by the government of Britain.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release designation.
- On the obverse is Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Yale of Beaufort from Lady Margaret Beaufort is on the reverse.
Each 2019 1 oz Gold British Queen’s Beast Yale of Beaufort Coin offered here comes with a perfect certification from the NGC. Gold coins in Mint State 70 condition exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind. The coins available here include an Early Release label as well, indicating each was received by the NGC for grading within the first 30 days of their initial release by the Royal Mint.
The Yale is a mythical beast often described as having the body of a goat or antelope. The physical features of the beast include the tusks of a boar on its snout and long, winding horns on its head similar to a goat or antelope. The Yale is used in heraldry to either portray grace and elegance, or strength and determination.
On the reverse of 2019 1 oz Gold British Queen’s Beast Yale of Beaufort coins is the image of Lady Margaret Beaufort’s symbol. The sole heiress of John Beaufort, Duke of Somerset, Lady Margaret carried a quartered shield with blue and white colors supported by the Yale. Her son, King Henry VII, founded the Tudor Dynasty and brought elements of the Yale of Beaufort to the Royal Arms.
The obverse of 2019 Gold British Yale of Beaufort coins features the right-profile portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. This is the fifth-generation effigy of Her Majesty and captures the Queen at age 89 wearing the Royal Diadem. It was created in 2015 by Jody Clark.
If you have any questions, please contact Silver.com. Our customer service team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.