2019 marks 50 years since NASA’s crowning achievement of the 20th century. With its loose mandate from President John F. Kennedy of sending mankind to the Moon and returning astronauts to Earth safely fast approaching at the end of the 1960s, on July 24, 1969, American astronauts landed on the Moon. Today, 2019 $1 Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins are available to you online in perfect condition at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Commemorates the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 reaching the Moon!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Varied labels possible in the slab.
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM specimen.
- On the obverse is the image of an astronaut footprint on the Moon.
- The reverse features the replication of an iconic picture taken of Buzz Aldrin’s helmet.
- Features a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
The Apollo 11 mission by NASA was the fifth manned mission in the program during the 1960s and it was the first manned mission to successfully land on the Moon. Mission Commander Neil Armstrong and Lander Pilot Buzz Aldrin landed on the Moon on July 24th and would spend 21.5 hours on the lunar surface.
All of the 2019 $1 Proof Silver American Apollo 50th Anniversary Coins available to you in this listing come with a perfect certification from the NGC. Coins with a PF70 certification have full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws on the surface areas or design elements. The included UCAM designation means the coins are ultra-cameo, with strong, frosted design elements overlaying deeply-mirrored, clear background fields.
This Silver.com listing includes the potential for varied additional labels. We cannot guarantee which labels are and are not available, nor can we reserve a particular coin in this listing with a specific additional label.
On the reverse of 2019 $1 Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins is a close-up design based on the famous photograph of Buzz Aldrin on the moon. The edges of this convex side include the helmet and visor of Aldrin, while across the visor itself you see the images that were reflected on his visor in that picture. Included are the figures of Neil Armstrong, the American flag, and the Eagle lunar lander.
The obverse of 2019 Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins boasts a concave field that bears the footprint of an astronaut on the surface of the moon. This side includes that “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com with your questions about silver. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.